Which floor is used in football?
Science for the soccer world cup Soccer: the perfect lawn is a science
The average football turf has around 200 million blades of grass. It should be sturdy and resilient, regenerate quickly after the games and also look nice and green, almost like a carpet. But what is there in, behind and under the perfect football turf? In terms of the seeds, this works best with a mix of two special grasses, says Dr. Harald Nonn, the chairman of the German Lawn Society:
First of all, there is the German ryegrass Lolium perenne, and the meadow panicle Poa pratensis, from these two species the football turf is usually put together.Dr. Harald Nonn
Two strong, hard-wearing, fast and densely growing species. The right grass is just one of many aspects when it comes to the perfect green under your football boots. Behind the smooth green lawn there is intensive care by specially trained greenkeepers, because lawn care in large stadiums is complex. The grass needs the right amount of moisture and sufficient nutrients. In addition, the high, partly covered tiers of the stadiums cast a lot of shade. The grass must also be exposed. The increasingly frequent extreme weather also puts a strain on the lawn and there are natural enemies.
D.he natural enemies are, in particular, diseases and fungal diseases that can attack the grasses, there are larvae of certain beetles that can nibble on roots in the ground or above-ground plant material.Dr. Harald Nonn
Because despite all the mechanization - in the end, nature cannot be completely tamed or excluded, not even in the football stadium. Football turf remains a piece of nature - with plants and animals.
As a rule, there are no vertebrates, i.e. moles or mice, we want them less, but there are bacteria, fungi, beetles, earthworms - all of this is still there, but of course already reduced compared to the free, unused landscape.Dr. Harald Nonn
Can you see what makes the lawn artificial?
For Harald Nonn, natural grass remains by far the first choice as a playing surface. Even in the stadiums of the future, the path will be towards perfected natural grass, so-called hybrid grass, rather than artificial grass. Here, however, the artificial remains underground, for example there are plastic nets that reinforce the soil.
What you see, what the player is playing on, are all the natural grasses. If plastic fibers protrude into the sward, then they are about 1.2 centimeters above the surface of the earth and the grass is still growing above.Dr. Harald Nonn
- What's your rating of Tokyo Ghoul
- What are the requirements to learn IoT
- What is Oil and Gas Awareness
- Are there still hares in Great Britain?
- Are whites treated well in Africa
- What is Chrysaor Spyware
- Why do ghosts interact with us
- How prominent should a product branding be?
- How is the rural consumer behavior
- What are examples of veteran letters
- What are the causes of a deadlock
- Why did Putin prefer Trump Hillary
- How many polar hydrogen atoms does NH3 contain
- Why speak to a solipsist
- We only exist in our thoughts
- What are the best podcast listening sites
- What does technical support mean
- Why are electric vehicles not so popular
- What is Rho in Bernoulli's equation
- In what environment does quality writing thrive
- Is in JIIT? 128 uniformly prescribed
- Which bacteria dominate over other bacteria?
- What is the best XXXtentacion album
- Can we really hypnotize someone
- What is evergreen for SST class 10
- What is Lewis Acid
- Are Indian Graduates Employable
- What is the occupation of Malaysia
- Develops the psychology of the human brain
- Is there really a Full Sail University
- Is clarity a creativity
- How do you deal with all of your ideas
- How stock prices change