What does Sol
Part of speech: noun, (neuter)Hyphenation:
- Sol, Plural: So | le
- IPA: [zoːl]
- 1) Chemistry: a colloidal suspension of solid particles or macromolecules in a liquid phase
- 2) Music: g, G - the fifth note in diatonic scales in solmizing according to Guido von Arezzo
- Made-up word - short form of English: solid
- 1) gel
- 1) dispersion, suspension
- 2) Note, tone, solmization
- 1) With this phenomenon, a gel liquefies when subjected to mechanical action such as shaking, stirring or brushing (Sol) and gradually solidifies again gelatinous (gel) after the end of the exposure.
- 2) The designation of the pitches by syllables: ut (later "do"), re, mi, fa, Sol, la, si.
- 1) aerosol, lyosol
- 1) sol-gel
- Nominative: singular Sol; Plural Brine
- Genitive: singular Sols; Plural Brine
- Dative: singular Sol; Plural Brines
- Accusative: singular Sol; Plural Brine
- English: 1) sol
- Italian: 1) sol
- Catalan: 2) sol (male)
- Occitan: 2) sòl (male)
- Spanish: 2) sol (male)
Sol (Tok Pisin)
Part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponymWord meaning / definition:
- 1) the capital of South Korea, Seoul
- See translations at Seoul(neuter)
Similar words (German): Bol, Dol, lol, Mol, Pol, so, Sod, Sog, sog, Sole, Sold, Sole, Soli, Soll, shall, Solo, solo, son, Sou, Soul
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The Frankfurt Radio Symphony with cellist Sol Gabetta.“
Frankfurter Rundschau, June 15, 2019
„The celebrated cellist Sol Gabetta impressed people with skill and closeness in Bern's Kursaal.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, February 18, 2019
„Marbella on the Costa del Sol has grown into a big city in recent years.“
Luxemburger Wort, June 27, 2019
„This January Hannover 96 moves into the winter training camp in Marbella, Spain. We place the place on the Andalusian Costa del Sol in a series of pictures.“
Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, January 2nd, 2019
„The internationally successful cellist Sol Gabetta caused a sensation at the Lucerne Festival this summer.“
NZZ Online, September 16, 2018
„The monkey lady Sol Currently, the network and the Vienna zoo visitors are enthusiastic.“
kurier.at, January 14, 2020
„The homeless shelter on the Dernier Sol needs to be refurbished. All 64 residents of the structure had to move because of this.“
Luxemburger Wort, 25 November 2019
„Monika Fink and Sandra Kaufmann, successful with their eyewear label SolSol Ito, founded a second startup: Read On. The iPhone is equipped with unisex reading glasses in a special case.“
NZZ, November 02, 2020
„The Schorfheide wildlife park near Groß Schönebeck (Barnim) has a new attraction: Lille elk Sol gave birth to double offspring.“
B.Z., May 12, 2020
„What's the best way to take a super hot photo for Instagram? The Argentine TV star Sol Perez (27) has an insider tip.“
Day 24, October 11, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Sun: Astronomy no plural: the closest star to earth, the center of our solar system; innumerable: sunshine or light; Astronomy general term for any star; Craft together with the ball impact device a working tool of the chimney sweep
- Day star
- Central star: Astronomy: Celestial body, which is located in the center of a star system and is orbited by other celestial bodies
Another word (synonym) for Sol - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Sol":
soldier: Soldat (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular number of soldiers; Plural the soldiers genitive: singular of the soldier; Majority of soldiers dative: singular to ...
this solos: ... 1) Sunday origin of the term: word combination of the noun this and the proper name Sol in the genitive and literally means "day of the sun" Synonyms: 1) Church Latin: ...
Sol: Chemistry: das Sol Origin of the term: Latin: sol Opposite words: 1) terra, lluna Superordinate terms: 1) estrella Examples of use: 1) El sol és la estrella més pròxima a la terra
solvency: Solvenz (German) Part of speech: Noun, (feminine) Cases: Nominative: Einzahl die Solvenz; Plural solvency genitive: singular solvency; Majority of solvency dative: single number of ...
Marisol: Short form of the name Maria del Sol (= Maria der Sonne) or the name Maria Soledad (= Maria Soledad) Well-known namesake: 1) Marisol Maldonado, Marisol González, Marisol Espinoza Translations German: 1) Similar terms: mar y sol
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Sol" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Sol/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Solanum (International) Part of speech: proper noun Hyphenation: So | la | num Word meaning / definition: 1) Botany, taxonomy: der ...
Solanum melongena (German) part of speech: word combination, part of speech: noun, (neuter) hyphenation: So | la | num me | lon | ge | na ...
Solanum tuberosum (International) Part of speech: proper noun Hyphenation: So | la | num tu | be | ro | sum Word meaning / definition: 1) Botany, ...
Solar system (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular solar system; Plural solar systems genitive: ...
Solar systems (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: So | lar | an | la | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Solar architecture (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular solar architecture; Most solar architectures ...
Solar architectures (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: So | lar | ar | chi | tek | tu | ren Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Solar car (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular solar car; Plural solar cars genitive: singular ...
Solar cars (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | lar | au | tos Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Solar farm (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular solar farm; Plural solar farms genitive: singular ...
Solar farms (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: So | lar | far | men Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Solar aviator (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Solarflieger; Plural solar flier genitive: ...
Solar planes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | lar | flie | gern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Solar plane (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: So | lar | flie | gers Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Solar plane (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular solar airplane; Majority of solar planes Genitive: ...
Solar planes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variant Forms: Dative Singular: Solar Airplane Hyphenation: So | lar | flight | zeu | ge…
Solar planes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: So | lar | Flug | zeu | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
- What are some great Broadway duets
- How did the relationship between India and Israel begin
- Why do only scarce goods attract the price?
- Is AR15 or Shotgun stronger
- All hackers are unhappy
- What makes a good action scene
- What for does Trump deserve recognition
- Do you feel beautiful 1
- Which snack is healthier lays or health cure?
- Women find introverts attractive
- What is a hard ip
- Is the ECE full of physics
- Black people trust white liberals
- Gasoline add-ons are recommended
- What makes meat halal
- What is anisotropic fluids
- What is Shiv Nadi Astrology
- How do you build a taser
- Can we become black holes
- Why do teenage girls like to have friends?
- Prism will make it big
- Should Al Franken re-enter public life
- Which subjects include social engineering
- How difficult is AngularJS compared to jQuery
- Does the NET improve or deteriorate
- How many MB does 1 GB contain
- What is high availability
- Who offers the Shopify Product Designer app
- Lisp is the most powerful language
- How much does botox cost in California
- Aristocratic communism is possible
- Scottish salmon is wild
- Why are distortions generated in amplifiers?