What are the disadvantages of cloud computing
Hopefully every company should be familiar with the cloud. But cloud inexperienced people ask themselves questions like “What are the specific advantages and disadvantages of the cloud? Is it even worth it for my company? We take a closer look at the various aspects of the cloud.
- Maximum flexibility
Thanks to the cloud, the data and documents on the servers can not only be called up at any time and on the go via the tablet or smartphone, but can also be edited by several employees at the same time.
With the cloud, you have the option of starting work on the PC and finishing it on the smartphone while on the move. No more tedious copying back and forth!
If the storage space is full, this is no problem at all for users of the cloud. Because then companies can simply conveniently book additional capacities such as storage volume and user access with the storage provider.
In many cases, time and hardware savings lead to lower costs. Companies only pay for the storage space they need and do not need to invest any additional costs in the required technology. The cloud operator also takes on the operation and maintenance of the server technology.
Thanks to the redundant storage of files, i.e. storage on several servers at the same time, the data can still be accessed even if the server is defective. If your own hardware breaks down, the data can simply be downloaded again from the cloud storage. Backups can thus be saved without worry.
Nowadays there is hardly any way around the cloud. But in addition to many advantages, there are also a few disadvantages.
- Internet connection required
As nice and convenient as it is to be able to access data while on the go, a good internet connection is essential. Because a stable internet connection is a prerequisite for using the cloud services. If the connection to the cloud storage is slow or even breaks, it can be very nerve-wracking. In addition, data in the cloud cannot be updated.
Since the data is no longer outsourced internally but to external servers, unauthorized persons can also access documents and access data in case of doubt. Only documents without important or sensitive content should be saved in the cloud.
Source cover picture: iStock / porcorex
- Can you recommend a good vampire novel
- Is BMS ECE better than VIT CS
- Would you break the law for money
- Do the boys wish they were attractive
- How can i whatsapp someone in thailand
- What's your rating of Self Discovery
- Will Russia continue to invade more places
- What is the order of the arrow
- I am a controlling person
- What is Unified Marketing
- Which planet has blue-green grass?
- What are some cricketer success stories
- When is low tide
- Why are goats animals
- What is momentum investing
- Is yoga an exercise or a science
- Can you link INTP songs
- All the old people out there
- Who is a rich man
- Are coaching courses for the 12th chemistry necessary?
- Tyler Perry helps people in need
- When does the refugee crisis end?
- Which organic acids are contained in foods
- How did a stranger save your life
- How fast is the thermal conductivity
- Why did Christian terrorists kill innocent Jews?
- How are standardized tests culturally biased?
- How far can Gerrymandering go
- How are the CDAC DVLSI rankings
- When were bacteria first discovered?
- Where are the free spirited blacks
- Which books are best suited for Elimus preparation
- How often do you ride your luck