What is a refund
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Refund, Plural: Back | re | stat | do | gen
- IPA: [ˈʁʏkʔɛɐ̯ˌʃtatʊŋ]
- 1) Repayment of money that someone has spent but is entitled to (for example, in the case of poor goods or as compensation for expenses / travel expenses in a company); also: return of valuable things that do not belong to you (e.g. works of art)
- 1) Compensation for expenses, reimbursement of expenses, compensation, replacement, reimbursement, reimbursement of costs, reimbursement of costs, return, reimbursement, reimbursement, remuneration, reparation
- 1) prepayment
- 1) A: “When can I expect my travel expenses to be reimbursed? The expenses were considerable for me! "B:" If the travel expense application is available: with the next pay slip. "
- 1) At the beginning of July, the Polynesian Social Insurance Fund CPS announced a lawsuit against the French state. In it she demands the refund of treatment costs amounting to 226 million euros.
- 1) The now 71-year-old commissioned the Canadian company Mondex Corp, which specializes in refund von Looted Art specializes in finding the painting for a commission and bringing it back into his possession.
- 1) "We can therefore generally assume that if the express delivery did not take place, the refund the express charges to the recipient were provided. "
- 1) entitlement to Refund,refund of expenses, refund of travel expenses, refund the purchase price, refund of (accrued / incurred / disbursed / ...) costs, refund of travel expenses
- 1) refund of works of art
- 1) refundapply for
- 1) VAT Refund, Tax Refund, Sales Tax Refund
- Nominative: singular refund; Plural Refunds
- Genitive: singular refund; Plural Refunds
- Dative: singular refund; Plural Refunds
- Accusative: singular refund; Plural Refunds
- English: 1) refund, reimbursement
- French: 1) remborsement (male)
- Italian: 1) rimborso (male), restituzione (Female)
- Catalan: 1) reemborsament (male)
- Portuguese: 1) reembolso (male)
- Spanish: 1) reembolso (male)
- Hungarian: 1) visszatérítés
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Agreement on refund misappropriated party funds.“
DiePresse.com, September 19, 2018
„The federal court has a judgment on refund like the VAT. It is unclear whether it applies to everyone.“
SRF, September 27, 2018
„Bitfinex reports the refund of 27.66 BTC by the US government.“
BTC-ECHO, February 25, 2019
„Apple has one refund excluded for subscriptions in the terms and conditions. It becomes cumbersome for victims of Abo-Nepp.“
heise online, January 24, 2019
„Shopping should become unattractive for tourists from Switzerland. Federal Finance Minister Olaf Scholz wants them refund cut the VAT.“
Stuttgarter Zeitung online, July 29, 2019
„Even if the law is a refund would require: Reductions are to be expected with tickets for events.“
SRF, April 30, 2020
„Organizers must give ticket holders the refund of cards do not cash out.“
Saarbrücker Zeitung, May 27, 2020
„At the end of the month, the automated refund be possible again for Swiss tickets on all reservation systems. Customers who still have a refund wait, could now be served faster.“
Luzerner Zeitung, July 23, 2020
„Werder explains: Every fan, the one refund wishes, gets the full amount back from the club.“
BILD.de, May 03, 2020
„The coronavirus is shaking up the aviation industry. Swiss has to implement its processes refund to adjust. Travel agencies suffer as a result.“
Blick Online, March 27, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- refund: returning, replacing; Lecture (an advertisement, a report)
- Refunding (technical, Austrian)
- restitution: general: restoration, refund; Politics, law: the restoration of a legal and property relationship; Biology: the regeneration of parts of an organism; Medicine: the complete restoration of the physiological body functions after an illness
- repayment: Reimbursement of money borrowed or wrongly received
Another word (synonym) for reimbursement - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "refund":
restituzione: Return 2) Refund, reproduction, reply. Translations German: 1) Return; 2) Refund, Replay, Resend
devolucion: devolucion (Occitan) part of speech: noun, (feminine) word meaning / definition: 1) general: the reimbursement, the reimbursement 2) politics: the decentralization, the ...
devolució: devolució (Catalan) part of speech: noun, (feminine) word meaning / definition: 1) general: the reimbursement, the reimbursement 2) politics: the decentralization, the…
restitution: Restoration, restitution 2) Politics: restoration of a legal and property relationship Subordinate terms: in rem restitution Examples of use: 1) The question of restitution of looted art has still not been clarified
redhibit: ... transitive: to completely undo the purchase of an item due to a hidden defect (refund of the purchase price and return of the goods).
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Refund" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Rückendung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "refund" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Refunds (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Rück | er | stat | tun | gen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Return ticket (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular return ticket; Plural return tickets genitive: ...
Return tickets (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Rück | fahr | kar | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Reversing light (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular reversing light; Most reversing lights ...
Reversing lights (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Rück | fahr | leuch | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Reversing lights (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular Rückfahrscheinwerfer; Plural ...
Reversing lights (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Rück | fahr | Schein | wer | fern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Reversing lights (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Rück | fahr | Schein | wer | fers Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Return trip (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular return trip; Plural return journeys genitive: singular ...
Return trips (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Rück | fahr | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Can Chromecast mirror my PC screen
- Postpone adulthood
- How smart are arabs
- What charities are known to be scams
- What is the chemical formula of nichrome
- Is this career strategy correct?
- Why is the music of the 60s so terrible
- Which is the best hostel near Auroville
- Which fields relate to logic
- Muscle strength improves with training
- How can i whatsapp someone in thailand
- Have you ever eaten bison
- Are there sharks in Antalya
- What are soccer draw predictions
- What is diazonium salt
- How can PHP MySQL be effectively scaled
- Does Amazon Flex operate in Mumbai?
- How do racing bike teams work
- Boxing can cause brain damage
- What should I give my laws
- What design language does Aaron OS use
- What causes dysphonia
- Who discovered the solar wind?
- How does a woodworking plan work