Is motor oil dangerous
How toxic is engine oil?
Motor oil is essential in cars and motorcycles because it has an important function as a lubricant. Admittedly, young people in particular keep coming up with the idea of drinking engine oil in tests of courage - with often fatal consequences: they are mostly unaware of how dangerous and toxic this liquid can be for health. However, it is not uncommon for the oil to get into the body by mistake, even in adults who carry out an oil change themselves.
Interesting facts about engine oil
Unused engine oil is not labeled as poisonous, but you should be particularly careful when handling the liquid: If it gets into the mouth or under very high pressure into the body, signs of poisoning usually show up very quickly. Usually, the consumption of the engine oil is followed by nausea, followed by abdominal pain and sometimes vomiting - those affected should call the poison control center immediately! Under no circumstances should the engine oil be forced to vomit here, as this can damage the esophagus and the oral cavity. Pneumonia also often follows drinking the engine oil. But engine oil is also toxic in other ways: If the oil leaks when changing the oil, for example, or if it is not properly disposed of, it ends up in the ground. There it primarily damages the environment, which affects and harms both animals and plants. However, if it gets into the groundwater, people in the area are also affected. Therefore, the illegal disposal of waste oil is usually subject to high fines. In any case, motor oil must be handled with care, even if it is not declared as a toxic substance: Especially in the garage at home, drivers who refill or change motor oil themselves should pay attention to their own safety and that of their environment. Adults should also ideally educate their children and adolescents about the dangers of the tests of courage associated with drinking motor oil.
The content of the motoroel.de website was created with the greatest care and to the best of our knowledge and belief. However, no guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness. For this reason, any liability for possible damage in connection with the use of the information offered is excluded. Information and articles must under no circumstances be viewed as a substitute for professional advice and / or repairs by trained and recognized workshops. The content cannot and must not be used to make independent diagnoses or to carry out repairs. Download engine oil PDF… >>
- Why are AAA game sales declining
- How does the z + security cover work
- What is the value of 448
- Why is euthanasia not legal for people?
- Old languages like Swahili are disappearing
- Which elements are critical to UX design?
- What are valves and pistons
- Is it safe 1
- Where can I meet INTJ girls women
- What have the religions done to stop wars?
- Increase in developmental disorders in children
- How will you test Lan Card
- How can love change a life
- How did you like Phuket Thailand
- How serious is a bilateral kidney infection
- Can you get emails at an Airbnb?
- Citronella plants protect mosquitoes effectively
- What does so much mean
- How does the ECU-controlled injection nozzle work
- What is amphoteric oxide
- How is OpenAI
- What flavors does Smirnoff Ice offer
- Any good Pangkor Island hotel to be recommended
- What does your last name mean to you