Why is aloe vera called aloe vera
What is aloe vera?
Aloe Vera (also called real aloe) is a species of plant from the genus of aloes. The word aloe comes from Arabic and translates as bitter. The addition Vera comes from Latin and means true. The plant family of the real aloe are the grass tree plants or also Xanthorrhoeaceae.
The plant grows without a trunk and its sprouts form dense groups, resulting in a trunk of about 30 centimeters in circumference. The leaves are very thick and up to 50 cm long. There are fine spines on the edge of the leaf. AloeVera can be found in many subtropical and tropical regions of the world, such as the Mediterranean area. Due to the presence of aloe vera, the leaves can store enormous amounts of water in rather dry regions.
According to tradition, Cleopatra is said to have regularly used aloe vera on her skin. Today it is found in the plant containing milk juice when using cosmetics. The smell of the plant is mostly neutral, but the aloe vera smell can be a bit bitter. In the Middle Ages the plant was said to have a healing effect and was a component of the herbal elixir Sweden bitter. Aloe Vera is also known as a medicinal plant. Medicinal plants like aloe vera are said to be particularly good for skin diseases thanks to their ingredients.
Nowadays the aloe is also cultivated as a houseplant in Germany.
Aloe Vera: Uses and Effects
The real aloe plant (also known as Aloe barbadensis and desert lily) can be used in many different ways. Its ingredients have a healing effect, which is why many products contain aloe vera active ingredients. There is aloe vera gel, aloe vera juice or aloe vera drinking gel.
- The Aloe Vera juice, which is obtained by chopping off the leaves, has a strong laxative effect due to the aloin it contains and is used for the short-term treatment of constipation. However, aloe vera juice should not be taken for a long time, as it can lead to a disruption of the water and electrolyte balance.
- The Aloe vera gel on the other hand, the juice is free from the laxative aloin. This is because aloin is outside of the water storage tissue. The aloe vera gel is used in various ways in cosmetics and folk medicine. The gel contains immune stimulating, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. That is why aloe vera gel is found among others. Use for skin diseases, sunburn and dry skin.
- Aloe vera is also a popular means that in mattress covers is processed. The special cover turns normal sleep into extraordinarily good and healthy sleep.
- What is the process of making umbrellas
- What is an empty subpoena
- Why is Ubuntu being ruined
- Is there a free alternative to Comodo
- How do Samsung and Sony smartphones compare?
- Is it normal not to like competition?
- How did you overcome creative blocks
- What are Adidas pants made of
- What are the useful learning youtube channels
- How are angels called in Christianity
- How do I complain about a PTA
- How big can the earth get
- Are there any facts in Darwin's theory
- How can I study Carnatic Music
- What is office ergonomics
- What sums up your mood
- What is oral sedation dentistry
- What is a compression vertebra
- How does the US prevent electoral fraud?
- What are the Best Kindle Features
- What was the Aztec civilization
- Acupressure for arthritis
- How can I write a summary
- What are some outstanding art films worldwide
- Did someone delete me on Snapchat?
- How safe is the UFC
- Can you decipher the word MAICLX?
- Why do people abandon dogs
- What are some famous foods from Paris
- Which container boils water for longer?
- What does Islam say about adoption
- What are some black magic spells
- What makes a person unworthy