Which aircraft does Lufthansa use?
Mask requirement Flying in Corona times - that applies on board
The lifting of the travel warning on June 15th is only a matter of form - then the holiday fliers will take off again. But in times of Corona nothing is as it was before. Even at the airport, customers have to be prepared for longer waiting times at the check-in.
There should be more counters in the future, as well as more buses that take passengers to the aircraft, but that could slow down the entire infrastructure. Passengers have to be prepared for the fact that in future they will arrive at the airport around four hours before departure.
It is also planned to block seats in the waiting areas and to organize queues in such a way that the minimum distance can also be maintained to the side. Disinfection tunnels or fever checks are not excluded at destination airports.
What's changing on board?
The EU has presented uniform guidelines on air travel during the corona pandemic. According to this, passengers and on-board personnel should wear protective masks - from entering the airport to reaching their destination. The masks should be changed every four hours.
Ryanair, for example, generally does not provide masks. Means: Every passenger has to "look after" himself. Lufthansa has initially limited the general mask requirement on board until August 31.
It is also being discussed whether food and drinks may be served on long-haul routes. Lufthansa is currently distributing a small bottle of water and a biscuit to each passenger on short-haul routes. Raynair only wants passengers to go to the toilet on request to avoid queuing.
Breath droplets from the person sitting next to you
Critics see significant risks associated with the resumption of international air traffic. This would make a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic feared for the fall more likely.
The focus is on "aerosols", clouds of the tiniest droplets that can stay in the cabin for up to four minutes. The coronavirus has been detected in the aerosols, but it is still unclear how high the virus concentration must be for a person to be infected. And the air conditioning systems should be able to filter the air just as well as in hospitals.
Germany's most prominent virologist Christian Drosten and Alexander Kekulé consider it unlikely that someone will be infected with the coronavirus who is sitting further than a row away. It looks different with the next man.
Free middle row nil
Both scientists therefore advocate a free central row - which would still mean a significantly smaller distance than the recommended 1.5 meters. However, the airlines are reluctant to do this - and there is no obligation to do so.
Not even to keep every other row clear. According to EU guidelines, the airlines only have to stick to the free middle row as long as "the number of passengers allows".
No airline in the world can block a third of its seats. Then no flight is profitable any more.Carsten Spohr Lufthansa
But to make a profit, 75 percent of the seats have to be occupied. The required minimum distance can therefore not be maintained in a fully occupied holiday plane. Scientists like the aircraft researcher Dieter Scholz or the infection epidemiologist Timo Ulrichs consider the concept of the EU and the airlines to protect against infection as completely inadequate. They therefore ask the airlines to distribute FFP2 masks to all passengers.
- How can speed change mass
- What was your last brain fart
- Why are electric lines of force continuous
- Marine Le Pen is intelligent
- Do we need energy management solutions
- How was Trump's life
- Why is black licorice still a thing
- Soaked almond is good for health
- What is the future tense of come
- What is mercy in the MDU
- What are the best aroma diffusers available
- Who is Serena Williams training against
- What is Alpha Meditation
- How were the MIT course numbers determined
- What's the best deal in Ludhiana
- What are the basic principles of electricity
- How can we keep TDS in RO
- How is the brain cell replaced
- Uses Zigbee WiFi
- What is Emmanuel Levina's Phenomenology
- How do you deal with diverticulitis
- How is Hillary Clinton personally
- How to uproot terrorism from India
- Which is worse adderall or cocaine
- What is descriptive linguistics
- When is Uber coming to Austin
- What relaxation techniques will help relieve the pain
- Are there principles or values behind anonymity?
- Antidepressants or SSRIs decrease IQ
- Why are plasmids useful for bacteria
- Tommy Lee is the greatest drummer of all time
- What topic should be presented by imagination
- Which band sang the song Use Somebody
- What is Apple TV 1