Can artists make money with SoundCloud?
You might be wondering why SoundCloud is always at the top of the list of music sharing platforms. That is an indication that you are doing something right. SoundCloud has proven itself to be an example in the league of music streaming websites. No wonder it continues to thrive despite tough competition. SoundCloud has a few features that set it apart from other platforms. With SoundCloud you can, for example, follow bands and musicians as they are available on a social network and thus establish a connection between the musicians and their fans. If you're an artist looking to make money off of their creations directly using Soundcloud, it might be a little daunting as the platform seems to be cheaper for listeners than it is for artists. More recently, Soundcloud has introduced a feature called "On Soundcloud Monetization" as it is the only way artists can monetize their creations directly. However, the main purpose of SoundCloud is to be a music uploading platform for content creators. This duality makes SoundCloud a popular choice, especially when you combine it with the fact that you can join for free.
- Make money with Soundcloud Premier.
If you are an artist and you have content on the music streaming platform, you will definitely be thinking of making money from your music. However, SoundCloud's official monetization tool is not suitable for everyone who has content on their platform. SoundCloud launched its monetization tool a few years ago and will add an audio advertisement to your track. If you've seen a YouTube ad before, it's easy to get an idea of how it works.
SoundCloud, like many other music platforms, has tiered membership, and you must be there for the SoundCloud premiere before you can monetize your work. Aside from this tier that allows you to monetize your work, there is no limit to the amount of content you can upload as long as you have a 100% right to these songs.
At the end of the three-tier membership plan there is the free SoundCloud partner account. You can only upload up to three hours of music to the SoundCloud partner account.
You can upgrade to the next one on the ladder, which is the SoundCloud Pro account. You'll have to pay around $ 5 each month to make the switch, and you'll have the freedom to upload up to six hours of music to the platform. There is also a Pro Unlimited account with a lot more privileges, but it costs a bit more.
The SoundCloud Pro and Pro Unlimited accounts are the only tiers that allow you to upgrade to the SoundCloud Premier account. If you want to make money from your SoundCloud creations, you need to subscribe to either of these first.
How to qualify for SoundCloud Premier
SoundCloud will send you a message when you qualify for the Sound Cloud Premier account. However, if you think you are qualified to upgrade to SoundCloud Premier, you can contact SoundCloud.
- Before contacting SoundCloud, make sure that you are an independent creator and have 100% ownership of the contents of your SoundCloud account. This right of ownership should include the right to distribute, publish, and remix the material.
- Your SoundCloud profile must have received at least a thousand streams in the last thirty (30) days. If your views are bots, it doesn't count as SoundCloud has the tools to analyze your account traffic. This is done to prevent fraudulent views.
- Only website traffic that comes from eligible countries counts. These eligible countries are Canada, France, UK, USA, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand, Australia and France.
- Add a purchase link to your SoundCloud profile.
If your song is available on a platform where listeners can buy music, SoundCloud has a tool that can help you make better money. You can add a "Buy" link for those who have said to themselves, "How can I get listeners to download my music to SoundCloud?"
Adding a buy link gives listeners instant access so they can add your song to their music collection on their favorite platforms. It puts your music right where the listeners will come across it again.
You can also include a free download link if you're more interested in getting traffic to your account than making money right away. Whichever method works for you, the Buy / Link field shouldn't be left blank.
Add a purchase link to your SoundCloud account.
When uploading new content, navigate to "Metadata" and paste the desired purchase link into the field. Don't forget to add a purchase link title as this can lead to users clicking the link. Try out different purchase link titles such as "Buy" or "Find out which listeners are the most convincing". If you'd like to add a purchase link to a previously uploaded title, go to your metadata and update it as previously described.
This method was known even before the SoundCloud Premier program launched and is still a much better choice for many SoundCloud users. Some of the reasons you would choose this over the Premier program is because no qualifications are required and users with a fan base can make money in any country.
You don't have to share your profit with SoundCloud either, and you are free to post your website link so that you can calculate any price you want.
Tip: To make money with SoundCloud, you need to have some knowledge of social media marketing. You should share your tracks on social media platforms, use compelling descriptions and eye-catching images to promote your content.
Date: 4th November 2019 / Categories: Marketing, / Author: EO
- Can I use levothyroxine instead of thyroxine
- God keeps secrets from you
- How can you have more proud moments
- How long are software patents valid?
- Is Mastercard direct debit or credit
- Married Padmavati Ratan Singh or Ashoka
- What are Braitenberg vehicles in robotics
- SoftBank makes smart investments
- Can I stop ragging in my college
- Where does Santa Claus live
- Why do the Dallas Cowboys suck
- How much turbulence can an airplane withstand
- Does anyone take postmodern philosophers seriously
- What is a good size shower
- How do you give up your green card
- Supports OnePlus 6 VoLTE
- What does Spoon University mean
- Why is the heart muscle called autorhythmic
- What are the biggest threats to Amazon
- What are you not doing enough
- Where does the genre blues come from?
- How bad is narcissistic abuse
- How do I get a Bollywood karaoke
- What is the policy making process