Can Sweatcoins be converted to PayPal?
Official Sweatcoin FAQs
Here you can find the official FAQs from SweatCo LTD. Unfortunately, the FAQs are only accessible via smartphone, which is why we are providing them to you here again.
- 1 May I force the closing of Sweatcoin (swipe away)?
- 2 I've tried absolutely everything and still can't improve my step conversion !?
- 3 Why does Sweatcoin not count indoor steps?
- 4 How does Sweatscoin's pedometer algorithm work?
- 5 Can I have my Sweatcoins paid out to PayPal / my bank account?
- 6 How does Sweatcoin make money?
- 7 How do I spend my Sweatcoins?
- 8 How many steps do I need to earn 1 Sweatcoin?
- 9 Does Sweatcoin affect my battery life?
- 10 How does Sweatcoin work?
- 11 Does Sweatcoin work while riding a bike?
- 12 Do Sweatcoins expire?
- 13 Do you have to have mobile data turned on for the app to work?
- 14 Is Sweatcoin Free?
- 15 Why can't I enter my bank details in the app?
- 16 Can I use mobile devices such as Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin or Android Wear with Sweatcoin?
- 17 What happens if I uninstall the app and reinstall it later? Is that how I lose my sweatcoins?
- 18 Is Sweatcoin a cryptocurrency?
- 19 What are membership levels and how do I change my level?
- 20 How can I view my Sweatcoin wallet?
- 21 What does the progress bar show?
- 22 Does Sweatcoin count my steps when it is open in the background?
- 23 I don't like any of the offers on the market !?
- 24 What are Daily Rewards?
- 25 How do I become a Sweatcoin influencer?
- 26 What do I do if I've been cheated on?
- 27 Why does Sweatcoin need my location?
- 28 What are marathon offers?
- 29 How can I prevent Sweatcoin from continuing?
- 30 On which devices can I use Sweatcoin?
- 31 I sent my invitation link to friends, but I didn't receive my Sweatcoins?
- 32 How do I delete my account?
- 33 I sent Sweatcoins to the wrong person. What do I do now?
- 34 How does Sweatcoin protect my privacy?
- 35 How can I log out of Sweatcoin (that doesn't work)?
- 36 How can I present my brand on Sweatcoin?
- 37 How can I get a refund for a listing I have bought?
- 38 Can I send and receive Sweatcoins to friends / other users?
- 39 Why is my device not supported?
- 40 How can I change my username, email address, profile picture or profile text?
- 41 What if I bought an offer but forgot my details to redeem the purchase?
- 42 How do I find friends and invite them to Sweatcoin?
- 43 What do I do if I have a technical problem with the app?
Can I force the closing of Sweatcoin (swipe away)?
Forcing Sweatcoin to quit prevents the app from continuing, i.e. no steps are counted because we cannot count and verify steps when the app has been closed.
Note: This is different than if you let Sweatcoin run in the background (i.e. you are using other apps or are on the home / lock screen).
Please let Sweatcoin run in the background.
The app is designed to be extremely battery efficient and shouldn't consume too much energy. There is no benefit to you or your device in forcing Sweatcoin to quit ... You're only missing out on Sweatcoins that would be yours if the app were running.
So, please DO NOT FORCE STOP!
I've tried absolutely everything and still can't improve my step conversion !?
1) If you are constantly connected to public Wi-Fi, your GPS signal may be blocked. More steps are counted if you turn off your WiFi while you run outside
2) Running in tight spaces (e.g. a small garden) and not walking a lot (e.g. running laps in the garden) can result in steps not being converted. If possible, try to walk in a straight line on an outdoor street
3) Tips for parents with young children: if your cell phone is in a stroller while you are walking, steps are not counted because the cell phone does not detect any step movement (it does not “bounce”). Instead, pack your cell phone in your pocket or handbag / backpack etc.
We are constantly adding new tips and tricks here as soon as we receive them from Sweatcoiners.
Why doesn't Sweatcoin count indoor steps?
We'd like to record steps indoors, but our algorithm isn't able to verify movement indoors ... at least not yet. It is a lot of work to develop the functionality for it and so it will take a while.
The app's algorithm doesn't count steps that may not have come directly from running to rule out the possibility of cheating, and GPS helps us do this.
Ultimately, the value of Sweatcoin depends on our ability to ensure that every Sweatcoin is made through sweat.
How does Sweatscoin's pedometer algorithm work?
At the moment, the Sweatcoin algorithm verifies, on average, about 65% of the total number of steps taken by users. We work hard to increase this percentage over time by continuously improving our algorithm.
The algorithm ensures that all Sweatcoins are earned through hard work and exercise. If it weren't for that, users could potentially cheat the system by shaking their phone or using the app in the car.
Our algorithm analyzes steps recorded directly by your mobile phone and compares them with other data such as GPS position, speed and steadiness of movement.
Among other things, the algorithm analyzes the following:
1) If important data is missing (e.g. the GPS location is missing) - if so, the steps are not counted (please make sure that you have a GPS signal)
2) Data from different sources, and whether they match (e.g. if your phone shows 10km and 2 steps, it is likely that you are in a moving vehicle), if there are inconsistencies, the steps are not counted
3) Does your data correspond to a known fraud pattern (e.g. shaking the cell phone up and down to imitate steps) - the steps are not counted here either (we check this manually)
Can I have my Sweatcoins paid out to PayPal / my bank account?
At the moment it is not possible to withdraw Sweatcoins via PayPal or bank transfer.
The long-term vision is to make Sweatcoin a full-fledged currency that is traded on the exchanges. But don't wait for it, just spend your Sweatcoins on our offers on the market. Paypal and Amazon coupons are offered regularly, especially if you invite a lot of friends!
Please note that the offers change at least once a day. If you don't see anything you like today, come back to the market place tomorrow!
How does Sweatcoin make money?
We make money through the partnerships we have with the brands in our market. We are also starting to partner with major health and insurance partners. In the longer term, we are determined to work with national and local governments. We want to help them achieve their goals and make their residents fitter and get them to exercise more.
How do I spend my Sweatcoins?
You can use your Sweatcoins to buy goods and services from companies in our marketplace. To access your market
On Android: Swipe right on the tracking screen.
On the iPhone: Click on the “Market” symbol at the bottom (far left).
The offers in our market change at least once a day. Keep your eyes open for things you might like and get them.
If you see something you like, click on the offer for more information. Many offers are completely free. Others are discounted; you still have to buy this with $ / £ / €.
If you want to select an offer, click on "Buy" to buy the offer with your Sweatcoins. You will receive a proof of purchase and instructions on how to complete your purchase. This happens directly on the website of the company from which you are buying the offer.
How many steps do I need to earn 1 Sweatcoin?
1,000 verified steps will be converted into 1 Sweatcoin, minus a small 5% commission that we take. If you run 10,000 steps a day, you will earn 9.5 Sweatcoins (if your membership level allows it). We are working hard to keep improving our conversion rate and the value of every Sweatcoin.
Does Sweatcoin affect my battery life?
We cannot see any problems with battery performance on most Android and iOS devices. With the few where we see a weaker battery performance, we will get to the bottom of the matter! Initially, we had a problem with iOS battery usage. We fixed the problem with a bit of tech wizardry, however. Since then, the iOS app is no longer among the top 5 battery consumers on most iPhones.
If you have problems with battery usage, please try turning on battery saver mode (look for the little "battery" icon to the left of the progress bar on the tracking screen). This reduces the battery consumption, but it can also happen that the number of Sweatcoin steps is reduced or that steps are lost at the beginning of a route. To avoid that, just open the app when you go.
Please keep an eye out for our updates. We publish them regularly as soon as we find solutions to problems.
How does Sweatcoin work?
Sweatcoin tracks and verifies the steps you take outdoors. Our verification algorithm does this using the accelerometer and your phone's GPS location.
Your steps will be converted into our currency - Sweatcoin.
1,000 steps in the open = 0.95 Sweatcoins.
We charge a small commission of 5% per Sweatcoin so that we can keep our machines running and Sweatcoin remains free for you in the future.
At the moment, Sweatcoin can only convert steps taken outdoors, as GPS is one of the factors in tracking. This means your steps indoors (including the gym, treadmill, etc.) don't count ... for now! We are working on developing a function that also counts the steps within a building, but it may still take a while before we can do it.
We created Sweatcoin to help you move more while staying motivated. We are a small team with a lot of passion and want to deliver you the best possible product. We also know that there are still some things that can be improved. We are constantly striving to achieve this. We are on the right track!
Does Sweatcoin work while cycling?
At the moment, our algorithm for calculating your steps does not address every possible type of application when it comes to cycling. However, many users have reported that steps are most effectively counted when their phone is in their pocket. We strive to continuously improve our algorithm so that as much physical activity as possible is converted into Sweatcoins.
Let us know if you find anything that works better!
Do sweatcoins expire?
Sweatcoins do not expire.
Do you have to have mobile data turned on for the app to work?
Sweatcoin can work without mobile data. The backup will be created as soon as you have WiFi again. The app continues to track steps in the background using geolocation.
As long as there is an active GPS signal, Sweatcoin works without an internet connection. However, your mobile phone has to connect to our servers once a day in order to send us your data for verification and so that we can send you your Sweatcoins.
You can simply go to your mobile data settings and disable mobile data for Sweatcoin. The data is only sent to the server as soon as you have a WiFi signal.
Steps are still counted, but you cannot access the marketplace in real time and you cannot see how many Sweatcoins you receive for the steps.
Is Sweatcoin free?
Sweatcoin is completely free!
Membership level upgrades are also paid for in Sweatcoins, not in €! A few offers in the market will require you to pay extra, but it is entirely up to you whether or not you buy those offers.
Why can't I enter my bank details in the app?
Sweatcoin does not cost you anything, as Sweatcoins are earned through physical exercise and are therefore not for sale in our app. We also do not take any payment for the offers that appear on our marketplace. This is managed directly by each brand. For this reason, there is no way for you to store your bank details.
Can I use mobile devices like Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin or Android Wear with Sweatcoin?
Currently, Sweatcoin only tracks your steps on iPhone, Android smartphones and Apple Watch 2/3 as we need to use GPS data to verify steps before they are converted into Sweatcoins (many wearables don't have a GPS chip).
Another reason we don't currently incorporate into all wearables is because our algorithm removes steps that may not come directly from physical work and running (up to 30% of the steps on certain wearables can come from other sources) in order to allow the possibility to exclude fraud.
However, we are currently in talks with some major wearables brands to integrate Sweatcoin into their products.
Keep your eyes open
What if I uninstall the app and reinstall it later? Is that how I lose my sweatcoins?
If you uninstall the app (but don't ask to delete your account), you can reinstall it at a later date and access your old account, provided you use the same email address / mobile number that you used when you first registered has.
Is Sweatcoin a cryptocurrency?
Sweatcoin is currently not integrated into a blockchain, so it is not traded as a crypto currency.
Our long-term vision and mission is to make Sweatcoin a fully fledged currency that is listed on exchanges - just like cryptocurrencies Bitcoin or Ether. We hope that your physical activity will be tradable on the open market! We already have more transactions than the Bitcoin network. So it's not an easy task, but we are confident that we will make it!
What are membership levels and how do I change my level?
By default, users can only earn a maximum of 5 Sweatcoins per day. You can increase the number of Sweatcoins you can earn per day by choosing a higher membership level.
Upgrades are billed monthly in Sweatcoins, not € / $ / £, so it only costs you your steps. Your friends in the app can see your level, so it's a great way to show off a bit!
There are currently 4 levels available:
1. Mover - free: you can earn up to 150 Sweatcoins per month
2. Shaker - 4.75 Sweatcoins per month: you can earn up to 400 Sweatcoins per month
3. Quaker - 20 Sweatcoins per month: you can earn up to 450 Sweatcoins per month
4. Breaker - 30 Sweatcoins per month: you can earn up to 600 Sweatcoins per month
To change your level, go to your membership page and click on the icon for your current membership level, or click on "Change" in your profile. If all levels above your current level are gray, it means that you don't have enough Sweatcoins to upgrade ... at least not yet (let's go and collect your steps!)
Device-specific instructions can be found below -
Main screen> Profile symbol (bottom middle)> "Change"> Click on the button with the monthly price for your desired level> Confirm
On the iPhone:
Main screen> Profile> "Change"> Click on the button with the monthly price for your desired level> Confirm
How can I view my Sweatcoin wallet?
As soon as you have earned Sweatcoins, these are automatically added to your wallet. You can see your current Sweatcoins balance in your wallet.
On Android: Open your profile and click on "Wallet" in the top left corner. Your total balance is also displayed on the tracking screen under your profile photo next to your username.
On the iPhone: Click on the "Wallet" symbol at the bottom (second symbol from the left).
What does the progress bar show?
The progress bar shows the number of Sweatcoins you have earned today compared to the daily limit for your membership level.
For example, if the progress bar shows 1.5 Sweatcoins out of 15, it means that you have earned 1.5 Sweatcoins today out of a potential 15 Sweatcoins. Your steps are automatically checked and every 2,000 steps are converted into Sweatcoins. Please note that it may take a while for the final steps to be verified and converted. So it can happen that the progress bar is updated during the day even if you are not active.
Does Sweatcoin count my steps when it is open in the background?
Yes, the app can track and convert steps while it is running in the background.
I don't like any of the offers on the market !?
Our Marketplace team is working hard to get more cool offers on the platform. Every day we have at least one new offer from one of our 300+ brands. For the latest offer, check out the app in the morning.
We try to have a good mix of daily deals as well as some larger marathon deals to work towards.
The price in Sweatcoins of an offer usually depends on the preferences of the brands, as they - and not Sweatcoin - offer you the goods.
Let us know what kind of offers or brands you would like to see on Sweatcoin and we'll see what we can do. 🙂
What are Daily Rewards?
The Daily Rewards are another way for you to earn Sweatcoins by watching an ad in the marketplace. Just go to the shopping area to get your daily reward. Click on “Get it now!” Under “Daily Rewards” and look through the ad from start to finish. That's it - 1 Sweatcoin is yours. Go to your wallet to view the transfer.
How do I become a Sweatcoin influencer?
Here's how you can become an influencer:
You can earn unlimited PayPal cash vouchers and other rewards for referring friends via your personal invite link (Sweatcoin Profile> Settings> Find and invite friends> Copy). Your account will be updated automatically as soon as the 30th invited person has registered in the app. You will also receive a welcome email!
If you've already done this and you want to claim your reward:
1) Congratulations !!!
2) Please follow the instructions on your "proof of purchase":
- Make sure you send us an email from the email address you use for your Sweatcoin account
- Include your Sweatcoin user ID in the email (e.g. screenshot of your profile) and all other details that are mentioned in the receipt
- Your payment can take up to three working days to reach you, as our team has to carry out the necessary checks and the transfer can also take a while
What do I do if I am betrayed?
Some users have reported that they have been tricked into sending Sweatcoins by other users. They then lost them to the fraudster. So be sure that you can trust another user before you send him / her your hard-earned Sweatcoins.
If someone promises to double or triple your Sweatcoins, they are most likely a scammer. Even if you send them a small amount of Sweatcoin and you get double the amount back, that is often part of the scam. As soon as you send a larger amount, they keep it.
But always remember: there are no tricks or hacks with which you can earn more Sweatcoins - just through physical exercise and inviting friends!
Why does Sweatcoin need my location?
Our verification algorithm needs geolocation data to verify movements. The algorithm protects the value of Sweatcoins and prevents fraud. There is currently no alternative to geolocation data for calculating steps. However, if you have set the energy saving mode to "On" in our app, it remains in the idle state and only becomes active when you are in motion.
What are marathon offers?
A marathon offering is something you can work towards in the long term. We know that, mathematically speaking, you have to run for many years to have enough Sweatcoins for some of the marathon offers.
Here are a few tips on how you can better reach the marathon offers:
1) Try to take 20,000+ steps outdoors every day
2) Invite your friends and families to Sweatcoin (you receive 5 Sweatcoins for every new Sweatcoiner who joins with your invitation)
3) Combine both methods!
How can I prevent Sweatcoin from continuing?
If you want to quit the app completely so that it no longer generates Sweatcoins, you can force the app to quit (swipe up).
If you want to pause the app for a longer period of time, go to Settings> Privacy> Location Services> Sweatcoin> Switch off / Never (depending on the device) on your device.
Don't forget to turn location services back on if you want to use Sweatcoin again to generate Sweatcoins.
As mentioned, no Sweatcoins are generated in any of these cases ...
On which devices can I use Sweatcoin?
To track movement accurately, Sweatcoin needs devices with advanced sensors, especially a pedometer (accelerometer and gyroscope), as well as a GPS / geolocation sensor.
On Apple iPhones, the app uses the M7 motion coprocessor (and later models) and the GPS sensor.
We run the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s and later
- Apple Watch 2 and later
We run roughly 50% of all listed Android devices that can be found in the Google Play Store, including most of the popular devices like Samsung, Google, LG, Motorola, and many more.
I sent my invite link to friends, but I didn't receive my Sweatcoins?
If you haven't received any Sweatcoins after inviting other users, please do the following:
1) Check whether the user has registered after clicking the link in the app
2) Open the app> Wallet and see if the transaction is already there (it will not be shown in your tracking screen as this is only relevant for the Sweatcoins you have earned from running)
3) If the person has definitely registered and there is no transaction, ask the user to click on the invitation link again. This will open the app and you will receive your Sweatcoins.
How do I delete my account?
You can have your account deleted either in the app or directly by email from the provider.
How to delete your account:
1) Contact the provider directly in the app or here: https://sweatco.in/contacts
2) Select "Delete Account" from the drop-down menu
3) Give a reason for deleting your account
4) Click on the paper airplane in the top right corner
5) An email will then be sent to you. Click on the link and your account will be deleted -
no more sweatcoining
I sent Sweatcoins to the wrong person. What do I do now?
If you have accidentally sent Sweatcoins to the wrong person, we recommend that you get in touch with the recipient. Send him / her 0.01 SWC and ask him / her to return the accidentally sent coins. Most users will.
If you are out of luck, we can - still - help you to reverse the transaction. Please contact us and select from the drop-down menu "My friend did not receive the Sweatcoins that I sent".
Give us the information of the transaction you want to cancel and the username of the user for whom the transfer was originally intended.
Very soon the functionality that allows Sweatcoin to cancel transactions will no longer exist (once we have blockchain). Then the only way to get it back is through contact with the other user. So please always be careful when sending Sweatcoins and treat these transactions with the same care as you would when sending money.
How does Sweatcoin protect my privacy?
How can I log out of Sweatcoin (that doesn't work)?
Sweatcoin only supports one account per number / device (see - http://sweatco.in/tncfür for more details) so logging out is not an option.
If we've overlooked an important case that could cause us to change our position, let us know.
How can I present my brand on Sweatcoin?
Write us an email at [email protected] We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I get a refund for a listing I have purchased?
If an offer you bought doesn't work (i.e. the code doesn't work), please contact us. Select "I want a refund" from the drop-down menu and have the following ready:
1) A screenshot of the purchase receipt (in your Sweatcoin wallet)
2) The reason for returning the offer
We'll take care of it as soon as possible and get back to you.
If you have a problem with the product that you received from one of our suppliers, please contact these suppliers directly. Unfortunately we can only refer you there.
Offers purchased by mistake are non-refundable. Please be careful and read the purchase details before purchasing.
Can I send and receive Sweatcoins to friends / other users?
Every registered user can send and receive Sweatcoins. To send Sweatcoins, go to your wallet and click on "Send to friends". Enter the user name, the e-mail address, or the full telephone number (+49 for Germany or +43 for Austria) at the beginning. You can also make direct "transfers" from your friends' profile page. Just click on the "Send" icon.
Make sure that you have entered the correct username for the person! Very soon the functionality that allows Sweatcoin to undo transactions will be discontinued. Once this happens, Sweatcoins that you accidentally sent to the wrong user cannot be retrieved. Unless the other user is so sweet and send them back to you!
Why is my device not supported?
We require devices to have a built-in hardware pedometer chip for our algorithm to convert steps to Sweatcoins. Currently we only support Apple iPhone 5S and above and about half of all Android devices which cover most of the popular Android phones. We are working hard to ensure compatibility with as many devices as possible.
How can I change my username, email address, profile picture or profile text?
To change your email address or other account / profile details, please open your app profile and -
On Android: Click on "Edit" in the middle of the screen
On the iPhone: Click on the pencil symbol (top left corner)
Now you can edit all personal details, except for your mobile phone number.
What if I bought an offer but forgot my details to redeem the purchase?
Please go to your wallet and click on the item you bought to receive the voucher code.
How do I find friends and invite them to Sweatcoin?
If you add friends and invite them, you can get more followers and stay active with people you know (a little friendly competition is also quite fun).
You can also click the Get 5S Now icon on the main screen or on the promotions page. On the "Find and Invite Friends" screen, you can add friends through your phone's address book, Facebook, or through the individual referral link via social media, email, or SMS. You will receive 5 Sweatcoins as a reward for every successful invitation.
If your friends are already on Sweatcoin, you can also send them Sweatcoins if you have their username.
Make sure you are sending it to the correct user. It's best to send a small amount first. Once you are sure that you have the right person, tap on the username after sending the Sweatcoins. Now you can follow your friends.
What do I do if I have a technical problem with the app?
If you repeatedly have problems with the app, e.g. hang up, crash or have another technical problem, please try the following:
1) Check that you have the latest version of the app. If not, install the latest version
2) Quit (swipe up) the app and open the app again
3) If this doesn't work, please delete the app and reinstall it. Don't worry, you won't lose your Sweatcoin account (but please make sure you use the same email address and mobile number)
This should solve most problems, if not please contact us.
- Survived anarchism in Ukraine
- What harm does it do to join a cult?
- Recommendations on where to invest 1000
- Do CoQ10 capsules actually work?
- What is Poosh by Kourtney Kardashian
- Plasma has more molecules than gas
- The believers can attack Greece
- What qualifies as microaggression
- How to Buy Android Reviews
- What is a spider in digital marketing
- What is the neural basis of motivation
- What is the Sensibull App
- Delta Dental DMO is a good insurance company
- Why did the Harappan civilization die out
- How do conjoined twins marry
- Why frizzy hair becomes frizzy
- Which automaker has the best guarantee
- Tortoise shell have medical use
- Why do curious heads never rest?
- What did Carthage think of the Phoenicians?
- Could Spain become an absolute monarchy?
- How can I install CockroachDB
- What is the economic policy of Egypt
- What is a disease from a pathogen
- Have tablets bluetooth
- Should I buy land in Pune?
- How is lactic acid formed
- Is overtime cheaper than hiring
- How do I become a profitable doctor
- How casinos pay out winnings
- How could Lyrica pregabalin cause hallucinations
- Why are these farms circular
- Let's go to war
- Kidney stones cause bleeding