What is the function of a buffer
to directory mode
Numerous reactions take place in the metabolism in which -ions are released or consumed. On the other hand, a constant value in the cytoplasm or in certain body fluids such as the blood is vital. Even slight deviations lead to serious symptoms, major changes lead to death. Metabolism-related "shocks" must therefore be buffered. Various buffer systems in the blood fulfill this function.
In general, solutions whose value changes only slightly when acid or base are added are called buffer solutions. They contain a conjugated acid-base pair, the acid ions neutralizing the base ions. Buffer solutions can be prepared by
- weak acids with their salt (e.g. the acetate buffer made from acetic acid and sodium acetate) or
- mixes weak bases with their salt (e.g. the ammonium buffer made from ammonium chloride and ammonia).
If both species are present in sufficiently high concentrations, the acetate buffer reacts as follows:
Buffering the addition of strong acids:
The added strong acid reacts completely. The fact that the value nevertheless changes slightly has to do with the effect - already discussed during the neutralization - that the acetic acid formed can in turn dissociate (to a small extent).
Buffering the addition of strong bases:
The buffer effect is shown in the titration curve of weak acids and bases by the plateau in the area of the value, i.e. it is the reason for the slight increase in the titration curve for acetic acid at 4 to 6.
- What is copper electroplating
- Are zodiac signs wrong to believe
- Who sings the songs published by ISIS
- Can a fire engine bring a car to a standstill?
- Adrenal nodes cause problems
- Where and how did Charlemagne die
- How do I find and catch snakes
- Depression means very bad mood
- What surprises you about Marvel movies
- Can aloe vera gel darken the skin
- There is autism in Africa
- Are Filipinos good at playing football
- How does AI help today
- What is the oxidation state for iron
- YouTube is considered a search engine
- What is the synonym for counterpart
- What does IRL mean on Twitter
- Will Russia participate in the 2020 Olympics
- Cmos schematics are always planar
- What is the average size of the clitoris
- What are Kylie Jenner's religious views
- Will whiskey stones scratch glass
- Why is Ohio an important state
- Who is the largest forest in Asia