How do I make soap from nature
Simply make your own soap without additives
In industrial soap production, there are often additives in the soap that can damage the skin and the environment. With our soap recipe these substances become superfluous. The recipes are as simple as the ingredients.
To soap after traditional recipe To make it yourself from scratch, you would need lye. However, the lye is not harmless. So you have to wear long-sleeved, protective clothing and protective goggles when making soap. But there is also harmless soap recipesthat you can easily implement with children, for example.
Make soap yourself with children
It is easier and safer to bring your natural soaps with you Raw soap here, either in the form of Soap flakes or glycerine soap. You can even make this soap yourself together with children.
They then also do not contain any unnecessary, artificial additives that often trigger allergies. And you can still decide which colors and fragrances your personal natural soaps should have.
Soap flakes are available in stores or in various online shops. Alternatively, you can use a kitchen grater to make flakes of fragrance-free (glycerine) soap. Well suited Eco glycerine soap you can get it from Migros Do it + Garden or online at buttinette.ch.
This is how you can easily make natural soap yourself
- 100 g flakes
- 4-5 drops of natural essential oil
- Water and 2 bowls for a water bath
- Melt the soap flakes in a water bath.
- If you want your natural soap to smell fragrant, add natural essential oil suitable for cosmetics. You can find this in health food stores, pharmacies or online. To spice up your soap, you can use food coloring. Dried flowers and herbs also give the natural soap a special look.
- When all the ingredients have mixed well in the water bath, pour the soap into special soap molds or other suitable containers and let them harden. Alternatively, you can let the soap cool down a bit and then knead it with your hands and shape it. You can also combine different colored soaps into one.
You should let the homemade soap harden for at least a day before using it. Thicker bars of soap need more time.
Image: 1 of 9
You can find more recipes for solid soaps that also care for the skin in the picture gallery. Special ingredients such as oat milk, coffee grounds or dried lavender flowers spice up the soap. The production remains as easy as with the classic soap recipe. Photo: © ekinsdesigns / iStock / Thinkstock
Recipe for liquid soap made from soap flakes
Making soap yourself, like the following liquid soap, is very easy if you take ready-made soap flakes, or rub them yourself from a piece of raw soap, such as vegetable-based curd soap. There are some shops on the Internet that send soap flakes, pure curd soap is mostly available in pharmacies or drugstores.
For 100 ml of homemade liquid soap you will need:
- 1 teaspoon - 1 tbsp grated soap flakes
- 100 ml warm water or herbal tea (e.g. made from sage, lavender or chamomile)
- A few drops of essential oil suitable for cosmetics (e.g. lavender or orange oil), natural coloring such as food coloring as desired
Material: A bowl, a wooden spoon and a disused liquid soap dispenser or an empty, well-rinsed detergent bottle.
Making a soap with soap flakes is quick. The water is heated to the boiling point or the herbal tea is poured on as usual, the whole thing is left to steep and cool for about 10 minutes. Stir in the soap flakes and add the essential oil and stir in well. Now just let the soap get cold.
Photo: © svehlik / iStock / Getty Images Plus
When making soap according to this recipe, keep the following in mind: the more you use the soap flakes, the stronger it will be. With a tablespoon of the soap flakes, some liquid soap dispensers can reach their limits.
Tip: If you can get them, Aleppo soap with oil is ideal. In addition to olive oil, this soap consists of ashes.
More information on the advantages and disadvantages of natural soap and what's (not) in it
Variation of the liquid soap: Make nourishing shower soap yourself
The recipe for self-made liquid soap made from soap flakes is also ideal for the morning shower. This soap becomes even more nourishing if you add 5 - 10 ml coconut oil or olive oil, alternatively a few grams of cocoa butter or shea butter. These oils and fats have a natural, skin-caring effect and are simply stirred into the still warm soap solution.
Make your own soap with glycerine
Photo: © Vitaliy_ph / iStock / Getty Images Plus
Solid glycerine soap is a raw vegetable-based soap that is particularly suitable for pouring soap after heating and is also available as an organic soap. Glycerine soap is heated up to the melting point in a water bath and can then be turned into a fragrant soap with a few drops of essential oil.
Making soap yourself with glycerine soap results in a white mass, which can, however, be colored with natural food coloring. Glycerine soap lathers particularly well, cleans and cares at the same time. If you want to make a soap from this, proceed as follows:
Photo: © tdub303 / iStock / Getty Images Plus
Recipe for soap made from glycerine soap
- 500 g glycerine soap
- A few drops of essential oil, e.g. rose oil
- Natural color as desired
Materials: Water bath, wooden spoon, molds for pouring soap (optional: ice cube maker, preferably made of silicone).
Tip: Some manufacturers sell glycerine soap in a small bucket that is wonderful to use for heating in a water bath. If you have the soap to make yourself in a bag, you need a bowl to melt it in a water bath.
Photo: © Sinhyu / iStock / Getty Images Plus
When making this soap, the water bath should only be warm enough at the lowest level that the glycerine soap melts. Then stir in a suitable fragrance, if necessary the color. Now just let the soap mass cool down a little and pour the viscous mass into the appropriate molds. Let cool and remove from the mold. You have already made a nourishing and very good cleaning soap yourself.
Here, too, a few milliliters of a good oil or the above-mentioned fats can noticeably care for the skin. The best thing to do is to simply try a few variants, test yourself through different concentrations, fragrances and additives such as oils or fats in order to find the soap of your choice.
The article entitled “Soap in the Ecotest” explains which harmful additives you do without when you make your own soap. By the way, you do without the often used, mostly questionable palm oil.
From bath balls to shampoo: DIY tips from the editors
In line with this topic:
- How was your FBI visit?
- Why has Google Chrome lost its popularity
- What is a pre-lotion
- Is married to Robert Frost
- Is London British or English
- How many VMware workstations under Windows 7
- Joe Biden is a billionaire
- What are some good sparkling red wines
- Flight engineers can fly
- How do godparents work
- What is Rbinom doing in R.
- How was your NMIMS NPAT 2016
- Is the salary a liability
- What if a dictator starts ruling China?
- Is there a cousre for Drupal 7
- What is the origin of postage stamp paper
- What is the average penis size 7
- What does an investment bank do
- What does ABF stand for
- Why we use multiplexing
- What does an indicator chart show?
- Sex can promote the enlargement of the breasts
- Are cars built abroad really more reliable?
- How many Indians live in Montana