What do I feed my pet snail
Agate snail keeping: what is the best way to keep agate snails?
The animals are kept in terrariums. The ideal size of the terrarium and the temperature vary depending on the type of snail and its origin. The Achatina achatina requires a lot of space due to its size. It has to be correspondingly larger if more residents are to move in. The size of the terrarium should therefore be at least 80 x 50 x 50 cm with a number of five snails. The temperature should be around 29 ° C during the day. The temperature should not fall below 24 ° C at night. The Achatina fulica can already live in a group of up to eight animals in a terrarium measuring 80 x 50 x 50 cm. The temperature here is around 25 ° C during the day. At night it should be 22 ° C.
In order to keep the day and night temperatures constant, you can integrate heating mats and heat lamps. The temperatures should always be checked in order to avoid possible fluctuations. These can quickly become dangerous for the snails. You should also ensure that there is adequate humidity in the terrarium. To do this, you can moisten the terrarium using a spray bottle. The best thing to do is to have a hygrometer that measures the humidity. Here, too, the values differ between species and their origin. So need full grown Achatina achatina for example between 85% and 90% humidity while Achatina fulica feel comfortable at around 80%.
You can cover the ground with earth or fine humus. It is also advisable to equip the terrarium with branches and plants. You can use cork boxes, different woods and mosses for this. The snails will nibble off the plants, so you should replace them regularly so the plants can last longer. It is ideal if a water bowl is integrated into the terrarium, from which the animals drink and bathe.
Socialize agate snails
Agate snails should always be kept with several conspecifics. The Achatinidae should not be kept in a terrarium with other animals, such as frogs, except with conspecifics. The piebald eat everything and the chances of a long life are rather bad for the frog.
Agate snails age
In terrariums, agate snails live around 10 years. They are robust and can be kept easily with good feeding and appropriate care.
- What's the sexiest song ever
- How is life in Alibaug
- Why don't Americans like small cars
- Is the MxNitro browser safe or not
- What ocean is Hawaii
- Can we change hostels at IIT Guwahati
- What games must be in smartphones
- Can ashwagandha cure high blood pressure
- How can you access your hard drive?
- What is padding in deep learning
- How rich people raise their children
- Do you like Bok Choy
- How good are the new C ++ tutorials
- Which country has the most powerful constitution
- What is descriptive linguistics
- Why don't Americans eat snails
- What is spreading on the sea floor 2
- How do I export my Joomla website
- What can you do about sweaty feet
- What do I need to know about disability insurance
- A covert narcissist can sometimes be co-dependent
- Can you get vocabulary lists by age
- Where did the first volcano erupt?
- What is missing from the Jokowis administration