How do you deal with diverticulitis
Anyone affected by intestinal inflammation usually asks themselves the question: "What to eat if you have diverticulitis?" However, it depends primarily on the stage of diverticulitis which foods are advisable.
At a acute diverticulitis you should relieve the intestines and therefore avoid solid food for a few days. During this phase, only consume liquid foods such as water, tea and vegetable broth. Always discuss the diet with your doctor beforehand.
If theInflammation in the bowel subsides, you can gradually start eating solid food again. In the beginning, light foods are recommended, for example rusks and herbal tea or light vegetable dishes such as soup. Avoid diets rich in fiber, spicy foods and spices (e.g. chilli, ginger) during the healing phase, because you should still go easy on the digestive tract. Later on, foods with a lot of fiber should often be on the menu.
Is the acute phase over?, a light and low-fat diet is recommended. In addition to vegetable broth and soup, you can bring the following dishes to your plate:
- Steamed vegetables - especially easily digestible varieties such as zucchini, tomatoes, carrots
- Mashed potatoes
- Rice soups
- Whole grain toast
- Rice cakes
Intermittent fasting, where you don't eat anything from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. the next morning, for example, can also be advisable at the beginning. You protect your intestines because you go without food for several hours. Always talk to your doctor before performing intermittent fasting if you have diverticulitis.
In the case of diverticulitis, the following list of tips on the diet that suits you best will help permanently observe:
- Consume frequently high fiber foods like fruit and vegetables, preferably several times a day. Potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, berries, legumes such as lentils and beans or leeks are good, for example. Nuts are also rich in fiber. Fiber makes the stool more voluminous and thus promotes digestion. However, some of these foods (e.g. beans) can have a flatulence effect. If you do not tolerate it well and you get gas, it is better not to use it. There are also high-fiber foods that are non-bloating.
- Wheat bran, chia, flax and flea seeds are also good sources of fiber. For example, sprinkle them on muesli or mix them in with a smoothie.
- Drink enough. We recommend 2 to 2.5 liters per day. It is best to choose water or tea (green or herbal tea). This makes the stool softer and easier to move through the intestines. Coffee and alcohol are not thirst quenchers - so be careful with both beverages.
- Place them in between a vegetarian day one in which you avoid meat, sausage and other animal foods. Studies show that vegetarians are significantly less likely to develop diverticula.
- Be sparingly with red meat (e.g. beef, pork, lamb). In particular, frequent consumption of unprocessed meat such as steak and schnitzel can promote the development of bulges in the intestines, according to a study by the Harvard Medical School (USA).
- Better choose Whole grains (Bread, pasta) instead of white flour product. They contain a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals, which strengthen the intestinal health.
- Sour milk products such as yogurt, buttermilk and sauerkraut should also be on the menu more often because they strengthen the intestinal flora.
- Chew each bite thoroughly. You can grind nuts and grains before consuming them. Also, do not consume any fruit kernels, for example from apples or melons. Because sharp, angular food components can injure the intestinal protuberances.
- An engineering degree in Dubai is important
- What is the process of making umbrellas
- How do I fix technical problems
- What is the difference between Cu and Cu2
- What does the lemon law refer to
- Is NH4SCN soluble
- Which rock band is the most demanding
- How to Make Affordable Wedding Cakes
- How do the British see Trump
- What was Evernote's original target market
- What are the best metal and rock bands
- What should I learn after Oracle ADF
- What makes you waste time
- How to stop IRS attachment
- Do smart plugs work with Echo Dot
- Works Facebook and Messenger in China
- How do galaxies collide
- How can I avoid dropping something?
- How can I not be racist
- Can you get a passport on probation
- Can you give me your honest opinion
- How do you weather wood quickly?
- Why are balloons associated with parties
- Where can I post vouchers