How vegan friendly is Norway
These countries are good for vegetarians
| Lifestyle, studies
Switzerland is the most vegetarian-friendly country. Those who eat meatless, on the other hand, should avoid Portugal. In a European comparison of 26 countries, Germany is only in the middle. This was the result of a study by the British company The Eco Experts.
Switzerland has the highest density of vegetarian-friendly restaurants in Europe, with a little more than 165 vegetarian restaurants per 100,000 inhabitants.
In addition, the Swiss have the lowest meat consumption per year at 74.7 kg per person and also the most expensive meat in all of Europe at 28.55 euros per kilogram. It is estimated that every second Swiss citizen between the ages of 15 and 34 does not eat meat completely or has at least significantly reduced the amount consumed.
Otherwise, the Scandinavian countries - especially Finland, Norway and Sweden - prove to be very vegetarian-friendly - in contrast to Denmark, however, which ranks 25th. The density of vegetarian restaurants in Finland is 68 per 100,000 inhabitants and in Sweden 58 per 100,000. The average Norwegian, on the other hand, is just 55 kilograms of meat a year. For comparison: the Danes consume an average of 92 kilograms per person per year, which is roughly equivalent to a fully grown pig.
Remarkable: The British eat less meat than the Germans and are therefore a good destination for vegetarians. In addition, Great Britain has the second largest density of vegetarian restaurants in Europe. There are 80 for every 100,000 inhabitants.
The top 10 countries for vegetarians
- Great Britain
About expat news
Expat News is a German-language service and news portal that provides readers with information on all aspects of living and working abroad.
If you have any questions / suggestions or if you are interested in writing articles as a guest author, those interested are welcome to contact editor-in-chief Anne-Katrin Schwanitz.
- How to make rhythm beads for horses
- Why is Harry Potters' birthday on July 31st
- What is an example of an oligomeric enzyme
- Why are you happy 3
- What is a good inter-tuba mouthpiece
- What kind of wood smells like
- How exactly is Facade com
- What do people think of schizophrenic parents?
- Can offer Quora domain parking
- What is inquisition
- Recommendations on where to invest 1000
- Where can I find cool English teachers
- Where does true happiness begin?
- What is the average package at GEU
- Why is formal wear always so uncomfortable?
- Mood swings are signs of depression
- Are Printing Machines Reliable Why
- What are the origins of ratings
- Infographics make business more manageable
- How the viscosity of fuel is improved
- What is a prevailing speed limit
- ADD can lead to social phobia
- What is Chrysaor Spyware
- Royal Enfield is the most pathetic bike
- What is the Chinese Medicine Terminology
- What is an online broker
- Why are narcissists jealous even of children?
- What is executive education
- Excessive sugar intake can affect your metabolism
- Inertia and gravity are the same
- What are natural and moral rights
- What are Jio's latest plans
- What is the effect of diarrhea in men