What is a good major or job
Musician: Sometimes 1,000 euros, sometimes 4,000 a month
Do musicians have to drive a taxi on the side or live below the poverty line? A Munich musician can finance himself without a major label contract. Because he negotiates hard.
contentRead on one side
Age: 33 years
Job: Musician / singer & bass
Position: Band leader & solo artist
I've been making music since I was ten. In my school notebooks from the past, you can easily see which subjects inspired me the most to compose. Biology was at the forefront.
But I only became a musician because everything else makes me sick. At the same time as I graduated in Political Science, I had a breakdown. Palpitations, panic attacks and so on. For a long time I couldn't explain why all this made me sick. But back then I only knew full throttle. I was a social media consultant for companies like Siemens and Deutsche Bank. On the side, I still study, write for music and culture magazines, accompany newcomer bands for a radio station. And by the way, I was also a musician myself.
I earned really well, especially as a student: 30 euros an hour, overtime was paid for in the form of laptops and music equipment. I was also offered a permanent job. But I just couldn't. A short time later, I admitted to myself that anything not related to music just made me unhappy. In addition, the mass of tasks that I charged myself simply overwhelmed me. The breakdown left me falling into a creative hole. I didn't even feel like making music myself anymore. That was the case for half a year.
I realized that I had to change something. So after graduating, I only took care of the band support on the radio. In any case, I could only concentrate long enough to work part-time.
Series "The Anonymous Salary Report"
We should talk more about money! That is why we log the first salary from different perspectives. Should you report on your industry? Write to us at [email protected] All contributions can be found on our series page on the anonymous salary report.
After the six-month break, I slowly regained confidence in my skills. Basically, my body told me that I shouldn't do anything else first than choose bands. A job that actually never felt like a real job to me. There I earn an average of 15,000 euros a year, depending on the effort. The good thing is that they also make my social security contributions for me. So I didn't have to worry about membership in the artists' welfare fund. I could just come and go as it worked best for me. So I regained my strength.
- How do nectarines differ from peaches?
- Which DAW is Kanye using
- Is water a compressible liquid
- What is the address of the local host 8080
- How do I start a small software company
- What is the battery life
- Text messaging is more addicting than drugs
- The crowdsourcing testing industry is dead
- What is the use of netsuite software
- How are animals used for cancer tests
- What are some cool groupme group names
- What is the Eventbrite of China
- Babies show signs of psychopathy, sociopathy
- What's the best vacation album
- What do Orthodox Jews think of Freemasonry?
- Why don't birds give milk
- Scottish salmon is wild
- How does the carbon footprint cause global warming
- What is the greatest award you have ever received
- Are lazy people interesting
- Can the blind deaf play the theremin
- Why do some people hate hyenas
- What does Islam say about adoption
- Are all idealistic political ideologies roughly equivalent
- Why are Tottenham Hotspur such bottle jobs
- Is NaCl a neutral salt
- What did Carthage think of the Phoenicians?
- Why should you see an internist
- Well worth buying the Honda Civic 2019
- Sponsor Zynga H1B Visa
- Support Mike Pence Trump's border wall
- Do we need the 12th mark for VITEEE
- How old is John Stamos