What trend did you hate
Typical parents: 16 sayings that you are guaranteed to have heard as a child
There are certain sayings that everyone has heard from their parents. Sometimes parents contradict themselves or tell fairy tales that we still believe as children. You surely know one or the other sentence from your childhood ... Have fun with these 16 typical parental sayings!
1. "That's 50 DM!"
I'm sure I'm not the only person whose parents have converted from euros to marks.
2. "But you are not the others!"
Makes sense if it weren't for the next saying that makes this statement paradoxical.
3. "What grades do the others have?"
So so, suddenly the other students are a yardstick by which your performance is measured.
4. "No, the sweater is not too big, you can still grow into it!"
This saying didn't comfort you, because you wanted to wear this sweater NOW and not in a year.
5. "You get square eyes from a lot of television."
As a child, the threat was pretty scary.
6. "When I was your age ..."
... I was already 30!
7. "If your friends jump off a bridge, do you jump too?"
Great example, mom.
8. "By the time you get married, that will be gone again."
Parents just know exactly what things you want to hear in certain situations ... not.
9. "As long as you have your feet under my table ...
… You do what I say! ”How we hated it.
10. "Run straight, child."
Did your mother always correct your posture too? In retrospect, one should be grateful to her.
11. "Put on an undershirt, otherwise you will get sick."
This saying has become so ingrained that today we still wear our shirts when it's cool outside.
12. "A swallowed chewing gum stays in the stomach for years!"
Probably the biggest lie our parents told us was that chewing gum stays in your stomach for seven years.
13. "If you swallow the core of a watermelon, a watermelon grows in your stomach."
I still remember very well the fear that saying triggered in me at the time.
14. "Don't squint so much, otherwise your eyes will stop at some point!"
Another parenting tale that as a child you believed for far too long.
15. "If you don't clean up, everything will fly out of the window!"
And we didn't want to believe until we really had to pick up our things from the yard.
16. "Oh, do what you want!"
What at first sounds like a free pass usually turns out to be the opposite. After this sentence at the latest, you were so intimidated that you listened to your parents.
Maybe you will say a sentence or two to your children! Did you like this post? Then stop by more often. Here with us, everything revolves around our wonderful childhood memories.
- What gives you joy and happiness
- Courseras growth slows down
- How do I deal with the metabolism
- Was Indra a god or a post
- Why shouldn't people have children?
- Objects can be tracked
- Is there such a thing as God
- How is a form edited in Wikipedia
- Marry Sikhs
- What tea can help you lose weight
- Why would anyone ever take ketamine?
- What is Nancy Sinatra's most successful song
- Why did Norway copy England's national anthem
- Tesla vehicles use gasoline
- Why did McConnell prosecute the GOP Senator
- How is quantum gravity related to the photon?
- Which state gym is there in Rajkot
- How does cannabis affect people with mania
- What's your rating of Codesmith
- What are the properties of a brick
- What is the penalty for surviving suicide
- How do leaders of different nations communicate
- Do yoga and pranayama depression
- How expensive should a wedding be