What is the fin plate used for?
As Integument one denotes the outer layer or covering of the body, which can be more or less sharply delimited from the interior and can be detached to various degrees. In the introduction we got to know the ectoderm, the outer cell layer of the two-layer gastra-form, as the simplest or original form of such an integument. This primitive integument or ectoderm had to or could fulfill a number of physiological functions: 1. Protection of the inner body (the endoderm), 2. Formation of special devices for body movement, 3. Participation in the metabolism, through the delivery of secretions as well as through the water and Gas exchange on the body surface (respiration), 4. to absorb and pass on the stimuli that strike the organism from the outside, i.e. generally to convey the relationship to the outside world. Of these various achievements, that of protection remains permanently with the integument and gradually develops into its main function; the remaining services can still remain with the integument to varying degrees, but in the higher metazoans they are usually transferred to special organ systems which, however, at least in part, arise from the ectoderm.
This chapter is part of the Springer Book Archives digitization project with publications that have appeared since the publisher's inception in 1842. With this archive, the publisher provides sources for both historical and disciplinary research, which must be viewed in a historical context. This chapter is from a book that was published before 1945 and is therefore not advertised by the publisher in its political-ideological orientation typical of the time.
Authors and Affiliations
- 1. Zoology in Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
- Did the cave people sleep on the ground?
- What is the opposite word of stale
- Which state in Tamil Nadu speaks Tamil
- Bloodshed comes back because of some ailments
- How does a carbon atom show tetravalence
- Where do kidney stones arise?
- What are Indian farmers killing themselves?
- What is a vertical cylinder drilling machine
- Lisp is the most powerful language
- Video Industry Blogs similar to StudioDaily
- Where does tourism take place
- Professors care about their online students
- What are the tissues in the lungs
- Why did you buy an Android tablet
- Why is the umbilical skin so soft
- What screams I'm upper class in Ahmedabad
- How small is a human cell
- Are Sonos speakers compatible with Alexa
- How can I do miracles
- Nanotechnology poses threats to humanity
- Is India's caste system important in Hinduism
- What is AWS S3
- What is the origin of postage stamp paper
- How can I prepare my tax return