Eating meat increases testosterone
Does Eating Meat Increase Testosterone Levels?
Some studies have been carried out on this. The summary is that Meat protein contributes more to total testosterone than a vegetarian diet .
This link is quoted from a book by Lou Schuler - "The Testosterone Advantage Plan" Rodale: USA, 2002.
A 1985 study found that a large cross-section of omnivores and vegetarians were examined ... The meat eaters actually had 36 percent more T than the people who stuck to rabbit food
A study from 1989 showed almost the same: The meat eaters ate more fat, more cholesterol, more saturated fat and less fiber than the vegetarians and they had 31 percent more testosterone (Schuler, p.86).
A Dutch study published in 1992 looked at changes in T levels on these two diets. A group of young male endurance athletes ate and exercised on each diet for 6 weeks. (Half started with the meat-rich diet, the other half with the vegetarian diet; then they switched.) The total testosterone dropped by 35 percent when the athletes used the vegetarian diet (Schuler, p.76).
From the same link
Men's Health Magazine stated, "Perhaps the ideal diet to lower your testosterone is high fiber and vegetarian - and the ideal way to increase it is with the red meat approach" (Jim Thorton, p.154). "Maximum Testosterone." Men health. April 2005, pp. 146-155, 182
A summary of the Dutch study from 1992 can be found here
Sample size of 8 male endurance athletes. In summary, that is Total testosterone lower on a vegetarian diet compared to a meat diet , but the free testosterone is not significantly different.
Serum sex hormones and endurance performance after a lacto-ovo vegetarian and a mixed diet.
Raben A, Kiens B, Richter EA, Rasmussen LB, Svenstrup B, Micic S., Bennett P. Source August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
The V Diet resulted in one lower overall T levels (13.7, 9.8-32.4 nmol.l-1) (median and range) compared to the M diet (17.4, 11.8-33.5 nmol.l-1). During exercise at 6 weeks, the total T was also significantly lower on the diet than on the M diet
Since most of the advice on this is focused on eating red meat, your mileage may vary with other meat and fish proteins.
- What are the best bedtime stories
- What is sand made of
- What is the communist era Russia
- Smoking can cause colon cancer
- Who is Zoro
- What was the Aztec civilization
- How do MHD generators work?
- What is meant by cascading in 8259
- What is Gun Milan in Kundali
- The symptoms of a brain tumor are intermittent
- Why was Pompeii built near a volcano
- Is Zareen Khan actress physically strong
- What are some fun places in Essex
- How should one deal with fear of creativity
- What is a compliance management solution
- Which drink quenches the thirst?
- Why is Mother Teresa considered a heroine
- Which is the best furniture store in Chandigarh
- What is a congruent trapezoid
- What is x n in Python
- Who is the poorest rock star
- Is it worth it to be an academic professor
- Is there a mistake in this sentence
- What is Windows Server