What is 35 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit
celsius-fahrenheit.net - a service from
Artist: Victor Huster,
Photographer: Hans-Joachim Wuthenow
In November 2013 the federal government decided to have a 10-euro commemorative coin "300 years Fahrenheit scale" minted. We explain the design by the Baden-Württemberg artist Victor Huster, who succeeded in bringing the milestone in measurement technology - as it is aptly named on the edge of the coin - into the context of the historical development of temperature measurement. Read more.
With this converter you can easily convert Fahrenheit to Celsius or vice versa.
Just landed on the JFK, played a little on the cell phone to get the latest news. The first thing that strikes you is that there is more local news than national, a lot of advertising and that Germany or Europe play next to no role in the news. But then the weather report: "We expect rain and fifty degrees." 50 degrees??? Oh, Fahrenheit, but how many Celsius is it?
The two temperature scales were born independently of each other. Fahrenheit is the older one. Fahrenheit drew his inspiration from the same Rømer scale from which Celsius was also inspired.
Put simply, Fahrenheit set a fixed point on its temperature scale with the lowest temperature of a severe winter. For later scientific investigations, he experimented with a cold mixture, the melting temperature of which he defined as zero degrees Fahrenheit. As the upper fixed point, he determined the body temperature of a healthy person to be - no, not 100 - but 96 ° F.
Celsius, on the other hand, and this should be known in Germany, took what is probably the most important substance on earth as the basis of its temperature scale, water. 0 ° C is the temperature of melting ice, 100 ° C is boiling water.
Let's take a look at the fixed points on the Fahrenheit scale:
|cold winter:||0 ° F||maybe -20 ° C|
|Body temperature:||around 100 ° F||rounded 40 ° C|
You can see two things in this. First, that Fahrenheit takes about 100 degrees for about 60 degrees Celsius (the exact value is 90 for 50) and second, that Fahrenheit's efforts to avoid negative temperatures were a shot in the oven.
Memorizing a conversion factor, e.g. 2 or 0.5, as it works for example when converting HP to kW and vice versa, does not fit here, since these temperature scales are not absolute scales and they also have no common starting point to have.
Clearly - donkey bridges are needed!
The fever starts at 100 degrees. A Fahrenheit temperature of 100 degrees corresponds to a Celsius temperature of 37.8 °. In children at least, it is at this temperature that one begins to think about fever-lowering agents.
16 is 61 Rotating numbers are always a special memory aid. 61 ° F is 16 ° C, so at least a cardigan should be worn in weather.
28 is 82 Another twist of numbers. 82 ° F is 28 ° C, so bikini weather. And you should leave it on on the beach in the USA. Topless is not only not welcome there, but can sometimes result in severe penalties. Naturism is not very common.
minus 30 halves One or the other knows thirty halves from the card game Knack (swimming or pig). Subtract 30 degrees from the Fahrenheit temperature and halve the result. So 60 ° F is approx. 15 ° C [(60-30) / 2].
This donkey bridge even delivers the exact value of 10 ° C for 50 ° F. For higher Fahrenheit temperatures, this approximation gives slightly too small values.
Yes. -40 ° F = -40 ° C
Further and physically correct information can be found on our pages about Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Buenos Aires has many Chilean restaurants
- Can alcohol be converted into alkyl fluorides
- What books should I read before I die?
- What does an indicator chart show?
- What is a compression vertebra
- What are prefix codes
- Can I choose PUBG as a career?
- Which plants are suitable for Pune
- Why do so many rappers become actors?
- Are microgreens sprouts
- What happens when satellites collide
- How to pronounce Ubuntu correctly
- People are still reading blogs in 2019
- Is ux design the new snake oil
- Can someone become Jewish?
- What got you into classical music first?
- Is Walmart too big to die
- Which is safer acrylic or gel nails
- How does SMO
- Are there hybrid power generators
- What toxins can E Coli produce
- Is London British or English
- Bitcoin will be safer than cash
- Giraffes only eat leaves
- Could William McKinley have survived his assassination attempt
- Are Nat Sherman cigarettes really additive-free?
- There are layoffs occurring at Tech Mahindra
- Rajasthan Muslims are the best true Indians
- Monkeys can learn martial arts
- How can I cancel my old passports?
- What is the main coding language
- What is the real meaning of Assassin's Creed
- What are VHS tapes made of
- What are some examples of systematic racism