How do I survive postgraduate studies
In the past year, the number of training days in German companies decreased compared to 2008. This is the result of the German Society for Quality (DGQ) in its current ExBa 2009 study (Excellence Barometer). According to the study, the employees of successful companies invest more in further training than their colleagues from worse companies. Not without reason: advanced training costs money, time and demands a lot of energy from the individual. Usually, however, the commitment pays off - for employees and employers.
Despite his young age, Patrick Peisker has traveled the world a lot for work. The 26-year-old worked as a trainee and software engineer in various cities in Germany and England and is currently the software architect of a 100-man team of software developers in India.
In October 2007, the graduate engineer began the master's degree in "Software Engineering and Information Technology" at the Georg-Simon-Ohm University of Nuremberg, because "my first degree had not challenged me enough". At the age of 24, he was the youngest graduate at the time (average age: 31 years).
Peisker was interested in technology, quality, software development and testing, and project management. In addition, the course should not be a pure distance learning course, but should offer the possibility of face-to-face phases in order to exchange ideas with fellow students and professors. At the top of Peisker's wish list was also to acquire a state-recognized and accredited master's degree with the option of a doctorate with the part-time course.
"In Germany, the content of the Nuremberg offer met my requirements the most," says Peisker. The course provider is the Nürnberger Verbund Ingenieur Qualifikation gGmbH (Verbund IQ). "All of the modules helped me advance professionally because I was able to apply them in everyday working life," says the graduate. The lecturers from the private sector played a large part in this and contributed a lot to the practical relevance. According to Hans-Georg Hopf, spokesman for the scientific management of the master’s program, these are all "young people with professional experience who deal with current topics such as computer graphics, Web 2.0 or middleware technologies on a daily basis". According to Peisker, he was also able to benefit from the professors' many years of experience.
Ursula Baumeister, Managing Director of Verbund IQ, advertises that "our students can incorporate the knowledge they have learned during their studies into everyday working life. For Peisker, for example, it was important to realize that harmonious cooperation between different departments is a basic requirement for a functioning IT project." Having the development department consider testing as part of the design could avoid duplication with the test team. According to Peisker, this not only benefits employees, but also the company and the customer. Because the latter should always be at the center of development.
The financial commitment has paid off for Patrick Peisker. After a one-year stay as a consultant and project manager at the development company Erudine in England, his former employer Avaya brought him back - hardly had the master's degree in Nuremberg been completed with the top grade of 1.0. Since October 2009 he has headed a team of software developers in Pune, India. His task: The expansion of the Unified Communications area and the design of next-generation VoIP terminal software. According to Peisker, the focus is always on expanding agile software development methods and improving the offshore development concept. He also fosters intercultural relationships between employees from the USA, Germany and India.
- How important is self-sufficiency in Mormonism
- What things taste better when eaten slowly?
- Always listen to Google
- What's your rating of Tokyo Ghoul
- Why can't people let go of anyone
- How does mouse deer taste
- How can we keep TDS in RO
- Why do Mormons think they are right?
- What causes significant bumps on the hands
- What is Pantera's most successful song
- Which is better CSE or EE
- What was the first movie remake
- Which song speaks to you
- What is meant by big thinking
- Longstanding friendship turns into gayness
- What stores sell beer in Oregon
- What is Plagiarism Checker Tools
- Are you a socialist
- What happened to WebOS
- What are examples of veteran letters
- Is Slumdog Millionaire a Bollywood Movie
- What does Rennes mean
- How does STEAM education help children
- Why do the history books lie
- What is Compiled Code
- Why do people fear nonconformists
- How does Amazon work
- Emotional intelligence can be faked
- What's your favorite Dean Martin song
- How do you crop layers in Photoshop?
- Why do people tremble when they pray
- Who provides ISO 50001 certification services
- Have you been a part of Bharat Darshan
- Why do people fear nonconformists