What are the dimensions of the TV screen
Screen diagonal: How to find the optimal TV screen size
You will get the best picture if you align the screen diagonal of your television to the distance between the seats. For a good picture you also need
- the resolution of the display,
- the lighting conditions and
- the viewing angle at the installation site
The screen diagonal is measured in centimeters, but often there is also the indication in inches (abbreviated for example: 32˝).
Choosing the right screen size
If the television is to be integrated into an existing wall unit, usually only one device with a screen diagonal of 82 to 94 centimeters fits into it.
Tip: With flat screen televisions you should choose a larger screen diagonal than with tube televisions with the same seat spacing.
Screen diagonal: conversion table for common screen sizes
Depending on whether you receive your television program in high-definition or standard quality, a different seat spacing makes sense. The following conversion table for common screen diagonals contains recommendations for both types, as well as an average value in the last column.
|Sensible seat spacing for high definition television (HDTV)||Screen diagonal (information in cm|
|Sensible seat spacing when receiving in standard quality (SDTV)||Average|
|1.20 - 1.60 m||81 cm (32˝)||2.00 - 2.40 m||approx. 2.00 m|
|1.40 - 1.80 m||94 cm (37˝)||2.30 - 2.70 m||approx. 2.30 m|
|1.50 - 2.00 m||102 cm (40˝)||2.50 - 3.00 m||approx. 2.50 m|
|1.60 - 2.10 m||107 cm (42˝)||2.60 - 3.10 m||approx. 2.60 m|
|1.70 - 2.30 m||118 cm (46˝)||2.90 - 3.40 m||approx. 2.90 m|
|1.80 - 2.30 m||120 cm (47˝)||2.90 - 3.50 m||approx. 2.90 m|
|1.90 - 2.50 m||127 cm (50˝)||3.10 - 3.70 m||approx. 3.10 m|
|1.90 - 2.60 m||132 cm (52˝)||3.20 - 3.90 m||approx. 3.30 m|
|2.00 - 2.70 m||140 cm (55˝)||3.40 - 4.10 m||approx. 3.40 m|
|2.20 - 2.90 m||147 cm (58˝)||3.60 - 4.30 m||approx. 3.60 m|
|2.20 - 3.00 m||152 cm (60˝)||3.70 - 4.50 m||approx. 3.80 m|
|2.40 - 3.10 m||163 cm (65˝)||4.00 - 4.80 m||approx. 4.40 m|
|2.90 - 3.50 m||178 cm (70˝)||4.30 - 5.10 m||approx. 4.70 m|
|3.10 - 3.80 m||190 cm (75˝)||4.60 - 5.50 m||approx. 5.00 m|
Buying televisions: you should pay attention to this with televisions
What is important when buying a television? Here we give recommendations on what you should look out for with TV sets. You can find out how to activate encrypted channels here.
This content was created by the joint editorial team in cooperation with the Rhineland-Palatinate consumer center for the network of consumer centers in Germany.
- How do I remove Flash Player malware
- What is hydrogenation 1
- What is 5 out of 80
- Every fire investigator is a retired firefighter
- What will the issue be 2
- How many dogs should a person have
- What is covered in property insurance
- Which newspapers have the best deals
- Can I get a scholarship at McGill University
- What is the presence of the drive
- What cures vibramycin
- Who is Shani
- How do narcissists interpret music
- How do I get rock hard abs
- Where and how did Charlemagne die
- Are there superstitious powers in the world?
- How should we approach work
- Is there such a thing as God
- Are Tetra Paks Safe?
- Duplicate police ID numbers are issued
- How are metal cans made
- What is Brent Crude
- When was Path presented to the public?
- Where does our knowledge come from?