How is Antoine Griezmann doing in Barcelona
FC Barcelona: Antoine Griezmann - who wants him, what Barca wants
Absolute superstar, high performer, crowd favorite - that was Antoine Griezmann (29) at Atlético Madrid.
At FC Barcelona he is: a substitute player, one of many, looking for his top form - and most recently humiliated by coach Quique Setien when he came on in the 90th minute of the game against former club Atlético ...
Barca paid € 120m for the French world champions. Griezmann was the long-awaited transfer of the king. But he struggled to adapt, failed to take off and fell short of expectations, first with coach Ernesto Valverde, now with Setien.
In the past few weeks, a lot of frustration had built up in the Griezmann camp. The humiliation against Atlético broke the barrel for many. Alain Griezmann, father of the offensive player, wrote on Instagram in the direction of Setien: "To be able to speak, you must have the keys to the truck, but you are just a passenger." He deleted the post again after his son took it had called and asked for it. Griezmann's brother Theo showed his disappointment on Twitter: "I really want to cry. Two minutes ..."
And Maud Griezmann, the player's sister and agent, is pushing for a meeting with Barca bosses to clarify her brother's situation. The French media in particular already see this as a sign of a possible change for the world champion to Paris Saint-Germain.
There is no shortage of interested parties. English newspapers put Griezmann in touch with Manchester City (looking for a successor to Sergio Agüero) and ManUnited. The Express also writes that Arsenal FC would offer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Matteo Guendouzi in exchange. The Italian broadcaster Rai reports that Juve is also looking to swap, alternating Douglas Costa and Adrien Rabiot to move to Barcelona.
But according to Catalan sports newspapers, Barca are not thinking of letting the player go. They are still convinced of the Frenchman's qualities, including the fact that he will be able to return to his old top form - presumably in the near future under a new coach. Griezmann should not want to leave the Catalans (yet) either.
Under Setien, however, a return to old strength seems unlikely. In the last four games, Griezmann has been substituted on three times late and once. The coach last said: "It is always necessary to have Suarez on the field, Messi too, of course, and then it is not easy to find a place for him without destabilizing the team."
What Diego Simeone, Atlético coach and longtime supporter of Griezmann, thought of the substitution in stoppage time in the top game against the Madrilenians, he made clear with a smile and a nod of the head. After the game (2-2), he expressed his amazement that an attacking top performer from Barca came on so late in a game that was decisive in the title fight with the short sentence: "I have no words for it ..."
- What are the best tricks
- Why does a pressure cooker work
- What are some popular Indian egg recipes
- How good is the Indus Business School Pune
- Is it impossible to hack Telegram Messenger?
- Is ideology and realpolitik incompatible
- Is the Essex accented Cockney
- What are the deathbed confessions you heard
- How can I transfer money to N26
- What is a learning experience
- How far can weather balloons travel
- Why do I look so amazingly good
- What are the reasons to become a Christian?
- What if Jon never gave Arya Needle
- Which countries make the least reliable cars?
- Which Olay product is best for wrinkles
- Is Ruby's Sinatra framework irrelevant
- What is a jute plant
- What does drip mean in rap
- What is Johann Gutenberg known for?
- What is it like to hate yourself
- America will outsource its declarations of war
- Registration for Char Dham Yatra is required
- How was Greece in 1967