What's the right way to learn salsa
1. Salsa basic step for women & men.
Let's start right away with the salsa dance steps! The Basic step for women and men is basically the same. But they start with another page. The man begins with left forwards, the woman with right backwards. 🌀
The Tact is there: fast, fast, slow - fast, fast, slow. There is a short pause after every third step. You can count yourself so that you don't forget the break: One, two, three - five, six, just one. And then all over again.
Because salsa follows a 4/4 time. The basic step runs over two bars. So it's 8 beats long. We don't count the 4 and 8 - they are them Pause at a slow step. But enough of the theory! 🤓 Here you can find the basic salsa step for beginners to try out directly:
- Step left forward (one).
- Put your right foot in place (two).
- Step back with the left, short pause (three).
- Step back with the right (five).
- Place your left foot in place (six).
- Step forward with right, short pause (see level).
- Step back with the right (one).
- Place your left foot in place (two).
- Step forward with right, short pause (three).
- Step left forward (five).
- Put your right foot in place (six).
- Step back with your left, short pause (see level).
Practice creates masters! So don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out perfectly the first time. At some point you can do the salsa step sequence in your sleep. But don't forget the correct dance posture.
2. The correct dance posture for the basic salsa step.
What is the second most important thing after the salsa steps? Right, the dance posture! Because with the right salsa dance posture, the steps are much easier. And it looks great too! You can find the most important tips here:
This is how the right one works Dance pose for the basic salsa step: Stand across from each other, about an arm's length apart. The gentleman is holding the lady with his right hand. To do this, he places the ball of his hand on the side of her chest. The fingers rest on the shoulder blade. So the hand does not go to the waist, hip or back. 😜
The lady puts the left hand on the man's shoulder. Then the man grabs the woman's right hand with his left hand and holds it at shoulder level. Pro tip: The lady is more likely to hold the gentleman's thumb than the whole hand. This makes the rotations much easier later.
Last but not least: Look you in the eye - not on your feet. 👉 👀 Relax your kneesso that you can dance the steps very easily and smoothly. And remember to take small steps. Now you are ready to dance! In the next section, you will learn how to keep the beat.
3. Recognize salsa beat & rhythm - so that your steps match the salsa music.
Many find it difficult Recognize rhythm of salsa. That salsa music is so fast doesn't make it any easier. 🙈
Let's start from the beginning: How do you actually know to which songs the basic salsa step fits? We have that in the infographic Which dance goes with the song? summarized for you.
Then comes the next problem: Den To find commitment to "the one", so for the first step of the basic step. And then keep dancing to the beat. This is particularly difficult for beginners. But it is not a magic work!
As you've already learned, salsa music has a 4/4 time signature. The Basic step but is 2 bars long, so it has 8 beats. How can you tell the beats? It works very easily with these tips:
How to recognize the salsa beat in 3 steps:
1. Listen to the cowbell.
You read that correctly, a cowbell belongs to (almost) every salsa song. And you can hear them clearly. Pay attention: It usually strikes on beats 1, 3 and 7. And you already know how to count your dance steps from 1 to 7! The loop also shows you which beat is the one.
2. Find the loop.
A loop is a section of music that repeats itself over and over again. Usually it is the piano or the drums that play the loop. So prick up your ears: which melody is repeated? And where does it start? The beginning of a loop - this is your one! Here you start with the first step of the basic step.
3. Recognizes the intonation.
Have you noticed that sometimes all instruments play at once? That they particularly emphasize this one beat? Namely once every 8 beats? You already guessed it: This emphasis is on the one. It shows you when to start with the first step.
Our last Tip: think less, feel more! Over time you will get better and better at recognizing the salsa rhythm. Just let yourself be carried away by the music and enjoy the dancing! Then the feet follow automatically.
Try it out now! Can you hear the cowbell in that salsa song? Do you recognize the loop or the intonation? 👂🤚 Believe us, every time it becomes easier to recognize the salsa beat!
4. Salsa styles: This is how the basic steps in L.A., Cuban & New York style differ.
L.A., New York, Cuba - salsa is danced everywhere! And each region has developed its own style. After all, there are different influences and preferences everywhere. The Basic step remains the same in all salsa styles. Just how it is danced, that can be quite differently be.
Basic step in L.A. style
The L.A. style is one of the linear salsa styles. That is, the couple walks back and forth on a line in a basic step. The L.A. style is also famous for its acrobatic figures and high pace. A real show!
Basic step in New York style
The New York Style is also danced linearly. The biggest difference is that it is danced “on two”. The basic step is not started on the first beat, but only on the second. The New York Salsa style seems to have been postponed.
Basic step in Cuban style
Cuban salsa is not danced in one line - it is rotated! That is, the couple dance in a circle around a common center point. They don't go back and forth like the other styles of salsa. Many knot and wrap figures are typical of the Cuban style.
As you can see, it is worth asking the dance school which salsa style they teach or whether they mix the styles. Especially when you start to dance figures, it makes a difference. Because every style of salsa has its own characteristics.
The L.A. style is dynamic and athletic. The New York style looks totally elegant and flowing. And the Cuban style is particularly spirited. He is special practical for at homewhen you have little space to dance. 😉
Do you really feel like learning salsa? Then read now how!
5. Learn the basic salsa step - this is how it works in record time.
We all know that: the dance school is too far away or the course times do not suit us. Fortunately, there are practical ways to get around to learn salsa online. For example on YouTube. There you will find many free videos to learn the first salsa dance steps.
If you're in the mood for a real class, try our online salsa dance class. Here we guide you from the basic step to great salsa figuresthat really make a difference on the dance floor. Step by step and building on each other. You are at the end of the course ready for your first salsa party! 💃 🕺
And best of all: You can take the course in your own pace run through. So in case you have until the next party or until the vacation learn salsa quickly want - this is your chance!
Whether dance school, YouTube or online course - learning salsa is definitely a great experience. Because salsa is pure joy of life! So let yourself be carried away by the fiery energy and enjoy every dance. We wish you a lot of fun!
Learn salsa now!
- Which aircraft can carry the MOAB
- Why do companies go under in search engine optimization
- There is a downvote option in Quora
- How can I prevent someone from meditating
- What is structure with pointer in C ++
- When was amlodipine invented
- Where can I score hash from Chandigarh
- How fast is Messi without the ball
- Have you ever asked god why me
- Can reading improve my English vocabulary
- Germany had a royal family
- Is there a mistake in this sentence
- Which is the most popular Indian name
- What are hydrogels
- Is Irish coffee better than cappuccino
- What is an example of atomic physics
- Why isn't Sakura dead yet?
- Is realDonaldTrump actually Donald Trump on Twitter
- What stores sell beer in Oregon
- What causes white pimples in your mouth
- Should narcissists be told that they are narcissists
- Can we burn calories with alkaline water?
- Some people believe that God is everything
- How can you register for an employment agency