Which month is best for planting trees
Design the garden with flowering trees
Spring is a good time to redesign the garden. Trees and bushes that are in full bloom when they are planted are particularly attractive.
The particularly beautiful flowering plants include, for example, magnolia, rhododendron and copper rock pear. Before planting, however, you should find out exactly what requirements the new plant has in terms of its location and whether there is enough space. If you want to have blooming plants in your garden all year round, you should also make sure to plant attractive plants for spring, summer and autumn.
Container, root and bale goods: what is the difference?
Planting should be done on a frost-free day. If you want to bring flowering plants into the ground, you should opt for so-called container goods. These plants were raised in pots and repotted several times. The advantage: container plants have so many fine roots formed in potted culture that they can be planted at any time of the year (except for frozen ground) - including flowering or fruiting.
Root products ("bare-rooted plants") are one to three year old plants with bare roots that are pulled, planted and sold between autumn and spring. They are particularly cheap. However, they are only planted during the dormancy period - i.e. without leaves and flowers. Bales should also be planted during dormancy.
Prepare the soil for planting
Before new plants come into the soil, it should be loosened as deeply as possible. Because compacted soil makes it difficult to take root and can lead to waterlogging. The ideal garden soil is crumbly, well-aerated soil that can store sufficient water, is easy to work with and contains sufficient nutrients. If the soil is too loamy, it is advisable to mix in some sand. Sandy soil, on the other hand, can be improved with clay or clay mineral flour.
Dig the planting hole and water it sufficiently
The planting hole should be about one and a half to twice as wide and deep as roots or balls. But: Do not use the plant deeper than it was in the pot. Before planting, new trees must be watered extensively, for example in a bucket filled with water. Then put the plant in the hole, hold it and fill the hole with soil. Larger plants should get a support pole.
Some compost can be worked into the upper layer of soil, it provides important nutrients. Press the earth down, but do not step too hard to avoid compaction of the soil. Finally, water the plant, the best way to do this is to create a watering edge out of soil so that the water does not flow away from the plant.
This is how transplanting works
The following applies to existing trees and shrubs that are to be transplanted: Remove the upper, barely rooted soil layer with the spade and then carefully lift the plant out of the hole so that the root ball is retained. The new planting hole must be about one and a half times the size of the root ball or two times the size of the bare root system.
Thoroughly loosen the soil at the bottom of the planting hole, water it well and insert the bush. In hard or compacted soil, it is better to dig deeper and later fill the hole again with loose soil - preferably a mixture of purchased substrate and the existing garden soil - and silt it up well. A watering ring around the plant guarantees an optimal water supply.
This topic in the program:
Market | 03/29/2021 | 8:15 pm
- Which organization has the best training to become an entrepreneur
- Inexpensive but serious ESL training
- Which is the best resort in Nepal
- What is the significance of the market valuation
- What's your favorite battle anime right now?
- Is it true that Nestle exploits workers?
- Why are vaping ads allowed on TV
- How did a stranger save your life
- What are Voyager Activities
- What are hard drive sizes
- How is Katy Perry's acting style
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge What about battery
- A 47 credit score is good
- I want to know his last name
- Why do rules of thumb often work
- What is adjusted correlation
- Who designed the Quoras user interface
- Why is Armani's wardrobe so expensive
- Where is the symmetry in group theory
- Have you ever prayed for rain
- How much does an Amazon music subscription cost
- What are the sections in CAT 2016
- Why don't Germans like sports?
- Why is too much technology considered bad