What was Igor Stravinsky's most controversial work
Laurent Chétouane: Sacré Sacre du Printemps
In Sacré Sacre du Printemps Choreographer and director Laurent Chétouane chooses one of the most influential works in music and dance history of the 20th century as the theme of his new work: Le Sacre du Printemps, the spring sacrifice.
Igor Stravinsky's composition, which initially met with incomprehension and bitter rejection when it was first performed in 1913, is perceived as closely linked to Nijinsky's dance script and has since inspired numerous artists - from Maurice Béjart to Pina Bausch - to create impressive choreographies. In Le Sacre du Printemps, today understood as a musical epoch piece of modernity, the foreign is placed in the core of our society, but assimilated in this integration and thus robbed of its actual foreignness. It is from this starting point that Chétouane ties in with the considerations for his new choreography: How can one leave the foreign foreign? In a shift in the subject from the ritual ›spring sacrifice‹ to the choreographic and visual ›sacrifice‹ of Le Sacre du Printemps Chétouane himself grapples with our inability to allow the foreign to exist in its otherness.
In a two-part evening, which places the seven dancers as sacrifices in the musical tension between Stravinsky's work on the one hand and a new composition by the musician Leo Schmidthals on the other, Chétouane creates the vision of a development that allows coexistence with the foreign and precisely on the basis of this Unintegratability and unrepresentability enables: the sacrifice of Le Sacre du Printemps as a new ritual for the alien-alien.
Laurent Chétouane has developed a distinctive style since the late 1990s. In his theater work, he permanently overturns viewing habits by consciously exhibiting texts, gestures and movement as if determined by others. His works are an attempt to find the 'ethics of a movement'. Chétouane is one of the most controversial directors in German theater and one of the most original artists on the contemporary dance scene.
- What should I do as a freelancer
- How can I be like Shikamaru
- Why am I extremely sensitive sometimes
- How are private educational expenditures made
- Is the arrowhead name of a geometric figure
- Infographics make business more manageable
- What are your accomplishments as a writer
- Why aren't my scallops frying properly?
- When do we use data modeling tools
- How much does the ForeUP CRM
- Why should you see an internist
- What is the best university in Massachusetts
- What are the properties of bismuth antimonide
- When does visiting relatives become a nuisance?
- Why does a circle have 360
- Why doesn't it rain sometimes
- A party girl will cheat on me
- What is haplotype
- Bite spiders
- What is a proxy in Python
- Why is my girlfriend so complicated
- Which plants are suitable for Pune
- Will Greece invade the Balkans
- Bitcoin is a joke