What is croscarmellose sodium
Croscarmellose sodiumAuxiliary materialsDisintegrantsCelluloses The croscarmellose sodium is the sodium salt of a partial O-carboxymethylated and cross-linked cellulose. It swells on contact with water and is contained in many tablets as a disintegrant.
synonym: Carmellosum natricum conexum, Croscarmellose sodium, E 468Products
The croscarmellose sodium is contained as an excipient in medicines, especially in tablets.Structure and properties
The croscarmellose sodium is the sodium salt of a partial O-carboxymethylated, cross-linked cellulose. It is available as a white to gray-white, hygroscopic powder that is practically insoluble in water.Effects
The croscarmellose sodium swells with water.application areas
The croscarmellose sodium is usually used in tablets as a disintegrant.see also
- Pharmaceutical product information (CH)
- European Pharmacopoeia PhEur
- Specialist literature
- Pharmaceutical Technology Textbooks
Conflicts of Interest: None / Independent. The author has no relationships with the manufacturers and is not involved in the sale of the products mentioned.
Support PharmaWiki with a donation!
© PharmaWiki 2007-2021 - PharmaWiki provides independent and reliable information about medication and health.
This article was last changed on 3/9/2020.
Imprint and data protection declaration
Show products for this page
- What is the most powerful explosive Why
- Why is it healthy to have friends?
- Are leather backpacks waterproof
- What are the sweetest English songs
- What is forkly
- Which country has the highest number of religions?
- Burger King makes you sick
- Can I sleep in the RAC berth?
- Who caught calypso on the island
- Why do dogs react on a leash
- Freezes Pepsi faster than Coca Cola
- Can deliver Chick Fil A.
- What makes me weak when studying?
- What is the SAP test configuration
- Are Sonos speakers compatible with Alexa
- What do you know about North Korea
- Do conspiracy theorists have the right to ask questions
- Why are people attacking your character
- How does bile smell?
- Eating snakes koalas
- Why shouldn't we live forever?
- What makes oxygen so life-friendly
- Bad sex is why people cheat
- How does the Indian tax system work