What is a burqa
The different types of obfuscation
Transmission date: 04.08.2017 | 3:20 p.m. Archive
1 | 5 The Burqa is a kind of throw with a close-meshed eye grid that completely covers the body. It is not traditionally Islamic clothing. When the Taliban ruled Afghanistan, they forced women to wear the burqa in public. The regulation has since been lifted, but the controversial garb is still widespread in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
2 | 5 In the debate about the ban on full veils, the burqa and Niqab often confused. The niqab also covers the face, but a small viewing slit remains free. It is combined with a long robe.
Photo: FAROOQ NAEEM
3 | 5 The Chador, a floor-length, dark cape, is mainly worn in Iran. It covers the body and the head, but the face remains free.
4 | 5 The Chimar is a long veil. It reaches to the waist and is worn in different colors.
© picture alliance / Godong, photo: Pascal Deloche
5 | 5 The Hijab is a headscarf that is worn very differently. Sometimes loosely and casually, sometimes tightly tied around the head. Many devout Muslim women consider it a religious duty to wear cloth. But there are different views on this. It is a matter of interpreting the corresponding suras in the Koran.
Photo: Golden Pixels LLC
Fully veiled in class?
Seyran Ates calls for a burqa ban
This topic in the program:
NDR culture | Friday Forum | 08/04/2017 | 3:20 pm
- Is music developed
- How popular is Zoroastrianism among the Kurds
- How do I start learning 8086 programming
- Which films do you recommend 1
- Who is LSAAC Newton
- The iPhone 5 will have a 3D camera
- Sets a pointer to zero when deleting
- In which state is Norway located
- Why do people fear nonconformists
- What is the value of 448
- Is overtime cheaper than hiring
- Why can't I learn about the opposite sex?
- What is a diffusion structure
- Detectives make arrests
- Do you like halsey
- How many types of packaging are there
- Why is Le Cordon Bleu so expensive
- Why should I switch to React native?
- A virus is alive
- Who does PMO India
- What is NT tax
- How is freelance travel
- Loses temper healthily
- I scared him off