Why does facial hair grow so fast
Does hair grow faster when you shave?
You hear that over and over again, but it's proven to be wrong. The hair grows on the hair root, i.e. in the body, below the surface of the skin. And what I do with my hair outside of the body is of no interest to the hair follicle; she doesn't even notice.
Dead matter with no flow of information
Hair is dead matter. Therefore, no information flows back from the tip of the hair into the hair follicle. It is different with a blade of grass, for example: a blade of grass is living material. If I cut it off, it doesn't necessarily grow faster, but it forms more side shoots underground; a mown lawn grows thicker. This is not the case with the hair. As is well known, they do not branch, at most they split up when they are too long and brittle.
Hair that grows back after shaving is often thicker
Why the rumor of hair that grows faster after shaving is still so persistent may have the following background: When hair grows back after shaving, it often feels rough and the hair that grows back is often thicker and looks darker than before especially after a first shave. But this has the following background: When a young man shaves for the first time, the young whiskers on the tip are still relatively thin and soft. But if he cuts this hair in a relatively thick area, the hair that grows back looks stronger than before. But that doesn't mean it's growing faster.
The text and audio of this post are licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- How can I get my restaurant business out there?
- Have you ever eaten snickerdoodles
- Fenugreek is good for the liver
- How does a gas pump work
- Are wolves tasty
- Is Maru a female or male cat
- How many women prefer tall men
- What are some very interesting iPhone features
- What are some good 80s songs
- Why was Pompeii built near a volcano
- Answer this question with no
- Why do boats have captains?
- What business is safe these days
- Can cure aphantasia
- Who was the first Hasidic Rebbe
- Interesting investment strategies
- What is meant by the transmission ratio of the transmission?
- Why is there no cloud-based operating system
- What is it like to move to Alaska
- What are the best verticalized crowdsourcing platforms
- Why do I waste time studying?
- What is 3 4 1 2
- What does OMW stand for
- Modern art was a rebellion against decoration
- What are the best forensic TV series
- Why don't I mind getting hurt?
- Why should I choose Yale
- What is a sales and marketing strategy
- What are modern examples of alchemy
- Can pushups help burn breast fat?
- How do you hide depression
- How long have dinosaurs existed?
- What famous people have unusual anecdotes
- Some people believe that God is everything