How were Roman streets and streets named?
Römerstraße (Roman road network)
There were five Roman road stations in what is now the state of Salzburg. Not all of them can be precisely located today. Cucullae, fourteen miles south of Iuvavum, was near Kuchl, probably near the Georgenberg. Vocarium, seventeen miles further, is believed to be in the Pfarrwerfen area. Ani (sus) one looks for in Altenmarkt im Pongau. In the place name Anisus is the name of the river Enns. The street station at the top of the Radstädter Tauern pass was called In Alpe, the mansio is probably under the church or the cemetery of the nameless. Immurium (Moosham) is explored. From there the road continued via Thomatal, Ramingstein, Stadl an der Mur and Murau Virunum (on the Zollfeld north of Klagenfurt). At Moosham, a road branched off from the beginning of the 3rd century AD Teurnia (St. Peter in the Wood). During archaeological excavations in Pfongau, a rest station from Roman times was rediscovered, the old one Tarnantons.
- Bauer, Hans: The Roman highways between Iller and Salzach according to the Itinerarium Antonini and the Tabula Peutingeriana. New research results on route guidance. History series, Volume 18. Herbert Utz Verlag, Munich 2007 - ISBN 978-3-8316-0740-2
- Norbert Heger: Salzburg in Roman times, Salzburg Museum Carolino Augusteum, 1973 annual, Volume 19, Salzburg, 1973
- Fritz Gruber: The history of the origins of the districts in the Bockharttal, Gastein, in communications from the Society for Salzburg Regional Studies, 141st year of the association, Salzburg 2001
- Clemens M. Hutter: Iuvavum - everyday life in Roman Salzburg
- www.ivaria.at State archaeologist Dr Kastler PDF
- What is the setattr method in Python
- Who is the most mystical prophet
- What does rabbit food look like
- Akhenaten was related to his wife Nefertiti
- What are the cloud services in Azure
- Will God reveal Himself all at once
- Everyone just loves their life
- When can we meet 1
- How do introverts deal with social media
- How can I learn ethical hacking 1
- What are the reasons to become a Christian?
- What is an ion
- How are you
- What is dynamic initialization
- How let us see photons
- Is it necessary to book an airport?
- Which factors determine the density level
- What is the best alternative to Minergate
- What do you mean by earth
- Have you visited Kumamoto before?
- Cmos schematics are always planar
- What was Donald Trump's major in college
- When would SIM cards be out of date?
- Do you know where the church is