If a smoke detector works uncovered
From June to September, the numerous appearances of the representatives of the German and Common Wasps at coffee tables, in beer gardens and on terraces make some people despair. The hungry insects pounce on everything edible and do not stop at the remains of sweets on children's mouths or pieces of cake that have already been impaled on forks. There is a great desire to get rid of the animals that are perceived as pests quickly or to avoid such situations in advance if possible. Even more panic is triggered by wasp nests found on the house.
We'll give you advice on how to deal with biting insects
Under no circumstances whip around, but gently push the wasps away. Do not leave food and drinks uncovered in the open air. This can be remedied by hoods made of glass or plastic. Do not drink from open bottles, use glasses or straws. Wipe off food residues, especially those of children, on the mouth. Never walk barefoot where windfalls are on the ground. Access to the interior of a house can be blocked to insects with simple means, e.g. through curtains, drapes or fly screens.
In principle, bees, bumblebees, hornets and some rare wasp species are particularly in need of protection. They are already threatened with extinction and are subject to species protection. Wasps and their conspecifics generally stay away from humans. According to the provisions of the Federal Nature Conservation Act, it is forbidden to deliberately disturb wild animals or to catch, injure or kill them without good reason. These insects generally stay away from humans. They only become aggressive when their immediate living space is threatened.
The common or German wasp reacts differently. It can get annoying in late summer. However, this occasional nuisance does not enable you to preventively destroy nests or kill the animals. No rule without exception. Removal is permitted under certain conditions. However, only after an examination of the nature conservation law by the responsible supervisory authority (district office) or by the trained representatives of the fire brigades.
A small selection of initial measures to be carried out
- In bees, the sting must be removed immediately, because when the bee stings, the poison gland is attached to the sting and thus more poison is pumped into the wound.
- Cooling the affected body area.
- In the event of stitches in the oral cavity or in the throat area, consult a doctor immediately!
In the event of severe swelling with associated breathing difficulties, circulatory disorders or allergy sufferers, contact a doctor immediately. People with a known insect allergy should always have appropriate emergency medication with them.
The fire brigade will help you
If you have any problems or questions with biting insects, the Ehingen fire brigade can help you. We have trained advisors for wasp and hornet protection. We are therefore the right contact when it comes to relocating nests of protected species such as the hornet.
Ehingen fire brigade: 07391/503 370
Emergency call: 112 (only in urgent cases)
- Are aldi and lidl the same chain
- How do I incarnate in another world
- How can I cancel my old passports?
- How to find your NHS Number
- How do I use bone broth
- Why don't probes just bring three cameras?
- Which floor is used in football?
- Why do children like to be tickled
- What is Static Waiting in Selenium WebDriver
- Is Coenzyme Q10 good for cardiovascular health?
- What is the actual noun for city?
- What causes red cheeks in Cushing's syndrome
- What are some technologically advanced insurance companies
- Which book did you give up?
- What's your rating of iBuumerang
- What is the concept of speed reading
- Why is African American literature being studied
- How does ATP store energy
- How do ADHD drugs work
- Got's last episode was disappointing
- Android UI layout without XML
- who is your sister
- What attracts you to the stock exchange
- How do I create a github repository