What is the index number
The EC index number is the identification code given in Annex I to Directive 67/548 / EEC for a specific hazardous substance.
The EC index number must be distinguished from the EC number.
The first three digits up to 82 indicate the ordinal number of the element determining the danger. For example, "007" (nitrogen)
- 007-008-00-3 hydrazine
- 007-010-00-4 sodium nitrite
- 007-011-00-X potassium nitrite
The next three digits are a consecutive number within the leading three digits; they are assigned in the random chronological order in which these hazardous substances were added to the list. As a result of changes in the meantime, this number sequence is incomplete. Another random example of sulfur:
- 016-023-00-4 dimethyl sulfate
The two following digits are used to distinguish “close relatives” from each other, who are otherwise the same in the first 6 digits. This rarely happens and mostly only affects the "01" in addition to the "00". Here is the example
- 017-002-00-2 hydrogen chloride (gas)
- 017-002-01-X hydrochloric acid
Finally, the last digit is a check digit (according to the modulo 11 method).
The inorganic hazardous substances end with the lead compounds:
- 082-002-00-1 lead alkyls
Because of the large number of organic compounds, the leading 006 is only assigned to inorganic hazardous substances with carbon; For hazardous substances from organic chemistry, the numbers from 601 to 617 are used and assigned to certain groups of substances, as can be seen from the following examples:
- 601-017-00-1 cyclohexane
- 602-011-00-1 dichloroethane
- 603-054-00-9 dibutyl ether
- 604-001-00-2 phenol
- 605-016-00-7 glyoxal
- 606-001-00-8 acetone
- 607-003-00-1 chloroacetic acid
- 608-003-00-4 acrylonitrile
- 609-015-00-2 4-nitrophenol
- 610-009-00-7 2-chloro-4-nitroaniline
- 611-008-00-4 4-aminoazobenzene
- 612-004-00-5 triethylamine
- 613-001-00-1 ethylene imine
- 614-005-00-6 colchicine
- 615-003-00-8 thiocyanic acid
- 616-001-00-X N, N-dimethylformamide
- 617-001-00-2 di-tert-butyl peroxide
Special cases are organized as follows:
- 647-010-00-7 trypsin
- 648- Intermediate products from petroleum distillation
- 649- Intermediate products from petroleum distillation
- 650-007-00-3 Chlordimeform (ISO)
Altogether one could say: 601 hydrocarbons 602 halogen hydrocarbons 603 alcohols and their derivatives 604 phenols and their derivatives 605 aldehydes and their derivatives 606 ketones and their derivatives 607 organic acids and their derivatives 608 nitriles 609 nitro compounds 610 chloronitro compounds. 611 Azoxy and azo compounds 612 Amino compounds 613 Heterocyclic bases and their derivatives 614 Glycosides and alkoloids 615 Cyanates and isocyanates 616 Amides and their derivatives 617 Organic peroxides 647 Enzymes 648 Complex substances derived from coal - 649 Complex substances derived from petroleum 650 Various substances.
Category: Chemical Law
- Are apps good for students?
- What's the best part about being an Arab
- Does dementia show up on MRI scans
- How do I start Xserver on Linux
- How student-friendly is the CBSE
- Is Tolexo scam
- How do you become successful with MyComeUp
- What small degrees go well with anthropology
- How does Consignchain Net earn money
- Running makes your calves leaner
- What should I not miss in Trivandrum
- Whose bad guys are weak Marvel or DC
- How is freelance travel
- Could the lightning bolt be Santa Claus?
- What does an orthopedic surgeon do
- Babies show signs of psychopathy, sociopathy
- What is the least lateral dimensions
- Was Indra a god or a post
- What is Justin Trudeau's fortune
- Which American states have active gold mines?
- How is sociology related to education?
- Most gaming laptops are overpriced
- Was Prabhu Ram born first or Hanuman
- What are hydrogels
- The Vikings were technically nomads
- What technology powers the ICC Cricket Database
- What are other English words for cat?
- How old is Markiplier
- What does so much mean
- What is the chemical weapons trade
- Jaegermeister is big in Germany
- Why did Putin prefer Trump to Hillary
- What is a good product for scars