Which country has the highest paid athletes
THE BEST PAID SPORTSMAN 2019
Professional athletes earn more than ever - thanks to rising salaries, which come about through increasingly lucrative TV contracts. Perhaps the most well-known professional footballers of our time are in the first three places.
Income: $ 127 million
Since his debut at FC Barcelona in 2003, Messi has played 459 games for his club, scoring 427 goals (figures refer to league games only). Internationally, he has won 33 club titles with Barcelona, including 10 La Liga titles. His current Barcelona contract runs until 2020-21 and pays him over $ 80 million annually. He also has a lifetime contract with Adidas. He was voted FIFA Player of the Year five times and won the European Golden Shoe six times as the continent's top scorer.
Income: $ 109 million
After nine years at Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo moved to the Italian record champions Juventus Turin in 2018. Within 24 hours of its release, Juventus sold 520,000 Ronaldo jerseys for over $ 60 million. He has been named FIFA World Player of the Year five times and tops the list of goalscorers in the UEFA Champions League (127 goals). The native Portuguese is the most popular athlete on social media platforms with almost 400 million followers.
Income: $ 105 million
Neymar has a five-year contract with French first division club Paris Saint-Germain that runs until 2022 - his salary is estimated at around US $ 350 million during that time. Neymar's transfer from Barcelona to PSG is the most expensive in professional football to date, at $ 263 million. With over 200 million followers, the Brazilian is the second most popular athlete on the social media platforms Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Income: $ 94 million
The sports streaming service DAZN paid US $ 365 million in 2018 to exclusively show the next eleven fights of the biggest pay-per-view star in boxing. The Mexican professional boxer earned around US $ 50 million with his first two fights on DAZN.
Income $ 93.4 million
The Swiss is considered the best tennis player of all time. In 2018, at the age of 36, he briefly returned to the tennis throne, making him the oldest number one in tennis. Federer has won US $ 128 million in prize money (as of November 2019) in his career. With US $ 86 million in advertising revenue from partners such as Credit Suisse, Mercedes-Benz and Rolex, he is way ahead of most other professional athletes.
Income: $ 89.5 million
Income: $ 89.3 million
Income: $ 89 million
Income: $ 79.8 million
Income: $ 65.4 million
Check out the full list here: https://www.forbes.com/athletes/
The article was published in our October 2019 issue of “Handel”.
- What is the best scope according to GATE
- How does Carvaka refute disruptions
- What did Guru Dronacharya like about Arjuna?
- What is the other term for emphasis
- What is considered a sin
- PSU is a government job
- The Prince2 certificate and PMP overlap
- Is Genesis Mining profitable in 2017
- Are individualism and collectivism opposed
- Which is the most expensive stadium
- What do Juventus fans expect from Ronaldo
- How can I get money from Tunisia
- Who is the best fighter ever
- What is the best FM2 + computer processor
- What importance does Janamashtami quickly have
- Who is the deadliest lord in Westeros
- Is it necessary to book an airport?
- What is man after Pranic Healing
- Is ux design the new snake oil
- What is QNX used for?
- Which are good CBSE schools in Jamshedpur
- An advanced civilization can form without fire
- How does exercise affect your life
- Which CRM solution does Virgin Active use