What is the SAP test configuration
Andreas Unkelbach Blog
This tool offers the option of recording transactions in several steps and importing them into the SAP system as a text file using a variant. A recording is created as a test script, the initial data is assigned as a parameter to the individual fields and this data is then played back either locally or via a system data container on a target SAP system via a test configuration.
Excursus elements SECATT:
- Under TEST SCRIPT the actual recording of your test case is created. The test script shows which data you want to create or change later in the system.
- Under TEST DATA a file is generated that you can later use as the basis for your upload.
- Under TEST CONFIGURATION the test script and test data are then merged and the actual test is carried out
- The SYSTEM DATA CONTAINER enables the eCATT to be run on other systems that are connected accordingly.
The latter point in particular (system data container) is often a reason to develop such eCATT on a development system and then play it back in the test / quality assurance or later also in the productive system.
Transport of eCATT objects to other systemsChanges to the development system now raises the question of how test cases can be transported from a previous system so that they can continue to be used.
Here is in the transaction SECATT via the menu
- ECATT object
- More functions
Downloading and uploading takes place via an XML file, so that SECATT can actually be quickly transferred to another system.
Local objects or packageeCATT can either be created as local objects (then these are assigned in the package §TEMP) or they can be grouped together as objects of the ABAP Workbench that belong together. In this case, however, they are also assigned to the transport system. This means that these are transferred from the development system to the quality assurance system and, if applicable, the productive system via a transport order.
If such eCATT are downloaded and uploaded again, a new transport request must also be created as a workbench request.
However, this can also be set as completed in the development system. A change when uploading the object is unfortunately not possible.
Mass maintenance of master data and data migrationBoth LSMW and eCATT are very helpful when it comes to mass maintenance of master data, even if familiarizing with both tools takes some time.
Thanks to FICO-Forum.de there is a nice documentation of the LSMW in the form of a video under "LSMW: Create cost center master records on the basis of Excel". Likewise, the book "SAP Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW)" * by Antje Kunz is also available
* Amazon partner link
As an Amazon partner, I earn from qualified purchases through Amazon.
If only individual master data are to be changed, there are also options for mass changes to master data using the point within the SAP module components (such as transaction KS12N in cost center accounting or transaction KE55 for profit centers). However, there is only one parameter transaction behind this (see "Create transaction (report, parameter), for example for SAP query / difference between parameter and report transaction") in which the object BUS0012 or BUS0015 is transferred directly to a MASS transaction. The MASS transaction is correspondingly more universally used here, which can be found on thinkdoforward in the article "SAP MASS - you could save the project that easily." is presented.
At that time, the topic of CATT or eCATT was one of my first practical experience of mass maintenance in the SAP system (as part of a practical semester). The recordings of the report and the corresponding documentation are still available and I hope that in the foreseeable future the topic of documentation and description of such a migration tool can also be found here in written form.
As far as I can see, the topic of the article "Logging in static key figures via CATT / Deactivating Excel integration" was up-to-date last time, so I will certainly write more up-to-date articles here when I get the chance.
ECATT manualA short manual on the use of eCATT and LSMW has now been made up in the article "Mass master data maintenance with LSMW or SECATT thanks to transaction recording - manual for extended computer-aided test tools (eCATT) and LSMW".
To quote this article:
Unkelbach, Andreas: "SAP BC: Transaport of eCATT objects such as test script, test data, test configuration and system data container when moving a SAP ERP system" in Andreas Unkelbach Blog (ISSN: 2701-6242) from May 27, 2018, online publication: https: / /www.andreas-unkelbach.de/blog/?go=show&id=939 (accessed on May 23, 2021)
- Forgiving someone prevents your bitterness
- When was the first oil spring created?
- Should Donald Trump convert to Islam
- What are the functions of linked genes
- Why is Captain Marvel a Captain
- What is a research library
- Is physics difficult for a biology student
- Is it okay to hate twins?
- All human ears are shaped the same
- How do professionals tune a wing
- Which war pratap won against Akbar?
- Are you always on time for work
- What does the Swedish word bork mean
- What are you 4
- Why does eyeliner make your eyes sting
- What fruits can treat flu
- Why do we want to live
- What are the local DC TV stations
- What are Nikola Tesla's works
- What happens during thermal equilibrium
- How can I prepare my tax return
- How can I merge Microsoft Outlook profiles
- How do you adjust a hydraulic clutch
- All bars in Kuwait