Are sugar and yogurt mixed together in a healthy way
Are Probiotic Drinking Yogurts Healthy?
Drinking yogurt comes in handy. Many people mainly use so-called probiotic yoghurts. Probiotic means "pro bios" - for life. It just means that the cultures in the yogurt are still alive. These microorganisms are contained in every yoghurt as long as it has not been subsequently heated. "Bifidus" are the body's own lactic acid bacteria that each of us has in our intestines. Everyone has "Lactobacillus" in their intestines. They are part of a complex ecosystem of more than 2,000 bacterial colonies in our intestines.
High sugar content
In addition to bacteria, there should also be fruit, vitamins and calcium in the drinking bottles. But nutrition expert Karin Riemann-Lorenz discovered that the three most popular drinking yoghurts hardly contain any fruit. The vitamins are artificial and in addition a lot of artificial flavors, thickeners and, above all, a lot of sugar are added. 100 milliliters of Activia contains 11.5 grams of sugar, 100 milliliters of Actimel contains 10.5 grams and 100 milliliters of Yakult contain 14.2 grams of sugar. For comparison: 100 milliliters of cola contain 10.6 grams of sugar.
In all three products, billions of living cultures were found which, for example, are able to suppress diarrhea pathogens while taking antibiotics. But in order to have a lasting positive effect on the intestines in healthy people, one would have to consume around 20 bottles of drinking yoghurt per day over a period of three to four weeks. That would be over 200 grams of sugar, around 70 sugar cubes per day.
Alternative: make your own drinking yoghurt
It is healthier to make your own drinking yoghurt: Mix a few spoons of natural yoghurt with milk until the desired consistency is achieved. Add the vanilla and fresh fruit - the healthy drinking yoghurt is ready.
Interview partner in the post:
Prof. Dr. Werner Solbach
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene
University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein, Lübeck Campus
Ratzeburger Allee 160
Oec. troph. Karin Riemann-Lorenz
Hamburg consumer advice center
Tel. (040) 24 83 22 40
Fax (040) 24 83 22 90
This topic in the program:
Visit | 09/17/2013 | 8:15 pm
- Has the Russian Revolution achieved its goals?
- What is Static Waiting in Selenium WebDriver
- How does SpaceX work financially
- What are playful music
- Where do most jet fans live
- What is the Enochian language
- Is it easy to make plastic rice
- SQL database in table structure
- Which international travel agencies offer free cost estimates?
- What topics are complacent
- Have Indian flights sky marshals
- Is OLED worth the money
- Should I be afraid to move forward
- What are the clinical symptoms of hyperkalemia
- Are bears very large tardigrades
- What can we expect in 2019
- Is language a form of control
- Why is Android on so many phones
- Who are the best Japanese metal bands
- If 2 equals 3
- What is the drama about the Brexit policy
- If World War III takes place, where does it come from
- Is Bata an international brand
- How do I sell celebrity domain names
- Anyone can follow me on Quora
- What stimulates a cell to divide
- A sinner can be tried
- What can bamboo grow by force
- Parthenogenesis only produces women
- What materials are used in injection molding
- What are the uses of ABCD parameters
- What is REAL Christianity
- Is Richard Muller related to Gerd Muller
- How can birds poop