Is the US military in Nigeria
terrorismUSA is helping Nigeria with soldiers
The USA wants to support the search for the more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria with ground troops. Meanwhile, the wave of attacks in the African country continues. After the serious attack in Jos there were again fatalities in a brutal attack.
US President Barack Obama announced in Washington that around 80 American soldiers had been relocated to Chad, Nigeria's neighboring country. They are supposed to help find the kidnapped girls. So far, the US Army has only participated with reconnaissance planes and drones.
The US unit will accompany the "intelligence and reconnaissance operation" in northern Nigeria and the surrounding areas, it said in the letter from Obama to Congress. "The forces will remain in Chad until their assistance in ending the abduction is no longer needed." The students were kidnapped by the Islamist group Boko Haram last month.
More than 160 dead
At least 17 people were killed in a terrorist attack in northeastern Nigeria on Wednesday. Boko Haram members attacked three villages and killed 48 people. Just yesterday, two car bombs in the city of Jos killed at least 118 people and injured 45 others. The explosives exploded in a busy market and near a bus station when thousands of people were there. This attack is also attributed to Boko Haram.
President Goodluck Jonathan expressed his condolences to the victims and bereaved and assured citizens that the government will continue to work with full commitment to win the war on terrorism. They will not let themselves be dissuaded "by the atrocities of the enemies of human progress and civilization," he said.
Development Minister Müller wants to travel to Nigeria
Federal Development Minister Gerd Müller condemned the violence. When the federal government presented the new Africa concept, he announced that he would soon be traveling to Nigeria, where he would like to talk about concrete approaches to cooperation. It is in Germany's interest to expand contacts with the West African country.
The attacks are only the latest in a series of attacks: as recently as April, two separate attacks at a bus station in the capital Abuja killed more than 120 people. On Monday, a car bomb in the northern Nigerian city of Kano killed 25 people. In addition, Boko Haram is still holding more than 270 schoolgirls hostage. They had been kidnapped from a remote city in the northeast of the country more than a month ago. There Boko Haram has been fighting for an Islamist state of God for years.
- How are governments' economic budgets planned
- How do I use a soldering gun
- What should you know about Amway
- What are some indie rock recommended songs
- What does working days mean in shipping
- When is the iOS 11 beta expected?
- How do you crop layers in Photoshop?
- Was JN Chaudhari an inefficient army chief
- Lil Pump went to Harvard
- What's better than GTA 5
- How have boxing gloves changed
- What is it like to hate yourself
- Astrology Is something good in my horoscope
- How does visualization meditation work
- Is a palace of thought really possible
- Flying cars will be safe
- What is the function of PCI slots
- How would you describe math
- What does production factors mean
- How do you like panda berries
- Could a volcanic eruption be used as energy
- You can publish your language alphabet
- When do we actually use the word?
- What skills should students learn this summer?
- Was Cinderella Charles Perrault blind
- What is it like to be God?
- What uses are common to all billionaires
- What is evergreen for SST class 10
- What part of the body do bears eat?
- What is a pruede person
- What's on your website design checklist
- Can I pluck my white hair
- Why don't you love your parents