What do you mean by minerals
Moors are completely dependent on water - they literally live from it! Because water provides the moor plants with the nutrients they need to grow. It is therefore said that peatlands are "nourished" by water. Because this is so, the way in which the water is supplied determines the history of the formation of the bog and its type. The decisive factor is where the water comes from.
There are several ways in which water can feed a bog. For example, a bog can be mainly fed by groundwater. Another example are moors, which are fed exclusively by precipitation, such as rainwater. The type of water supply is therefore important for the supply of nutrients that are available to the bog plants for growth.
Groundwater. In deep building pits for houses you can often see that they fill with water all by themselves. This is groundwater. Groundwater flows slowly underground through weathered soils and rocks. Certain amounts of weathering substances always dissolve in the groundwater. They are known as minerals. The rock subsoil through which the water flows is called mineral soil, the groundwater is also called mineral soil water. Many of these dissolved minerals are important plant nutrients. Depending on whether the groundwater flows through soft or hard rocks, it contains more or less large amounts of nutrients. Moors, which are mainly fed by groundwater, are therefore more or less well supplied with plant nutrients. By the way, our drinking water is mostly treated groundwater.
Rainwater. Another example are bogs that no longer have any contact with the groundwater. Their water supply and nutrition are therefore exclusively provided by precipitation, in our case mainly by rain. In comparison with mineral soil water, rainwater is very "soft". This means that it hardly contains any dissolved minerals. From the point of view of the bog plants, such a rainwater bog is therefore extremely poor in nutrients. Ordinary plants would simply starve to death under such conditions!
What do you mean?
Which of the two plants of the same age was only fed with groundwater in the cultivation experiment, and which received only rainwater? How do you justify your answer?
Do you feel like doing a little experiment? Then pour a little tap water and a little rainwater into two clean glass bowls. Tap water is mostly obtained from groundwater. Let the water in the bowls evaporate completely. This is faster if you place the bowls in the sun or on a radiator. What is left of the tap water, what of the rainwater?
Ecological bog types
The different types of bog, which you can differentiate based on their supply of plant nutrients, will be Ecological bog types called. The water and nutrient balance of moors is part of nature's large household and therefore an ecological issue. Correspondingly, ecology means "science of the balance of nature".
Basically, you can discover bogs in nature that are either nutrient-poor or nutrient-rich. According to the agreement, the one type of Armmoore, the other the type of Reichmoore assigned. Sometimes, however, you also come across moors that are neither particularly poor nor particularly rich in plant nutrients. They belong to the type of Intermediate bogs or transitional moors.
- How do I integrate Dynamodb into EMR
- What percentage of the scientists are professors?
- What are non-magnetic materials
- Does bioethics hold back humanity?
- How long have dinosaurs existed?
- What is the Vim Editor
- What are symptoms of sunburned eyes
- What is the dual system of government
- Why do beautiful girls marry black
- A celebrity attended your wedding
- How can camping negatively affect the environment
- Could Edgar Cayce really predict the future?
- What is Adobe Extension Manager CC
- Did the 16th amendment affect state taxes?
- Will stream Family Guy on Disney
- What are the best Hollywood adult films
- Are anonymous editorials in newspapers reliable
- Is the demo forex account legal
- How do I overclock Intel Iris 540
- What makes Zulu an unforgettable film
- Hate god or jesus me
- Is ISIS left wing or right wing
- Can i freeze cookies
- All brands of mineral water are naturally carbonated
- When were the streets paved
- Should I invest in straight teeth?
- What is a personal learning environment
- How would you control the population
- Why are footballers overpaid
- How is data extracted from Quora
- What does mangetar mean
- What is the mutated power of the bishops
- Is language a form of control
- How is the medical care in Sweden