How do I enter a formula
So you can do power, percent and root calculations in Excel
Most spreadsheets consist of formulas with additions, subtractions, multiplications, and divisions. In some cases, the usual arithmetic functions are not sufficient. For example, this applies when numbers are to be raised to the power of one another. Power or power calculation is a mathematical process in which a number is multiplied several times. In mathematics, a power basically consists of three components:
- Power value (result).
Using the POTENCE function effectively
To calculate powers in Microsoft Excel, use the POTENTIAL function.
The syntax of the POWER function in Microsoft Excel consists of the following two arguments:
It basically requires a number that you want to raise to the power of the exponent.
The power is the exponent with which you want to raise the number to the power.
If you do not pass a number to the function with one of the two arguments, POTENCE returns the #VALUE! Error value.
In the workbook shown, the formula in cell C4 has the following structure:
= POTENTIAL (A4; B4)
Instead of the table function, you can alternatively use the operator ^ form. For cell C4 in the figure, the formula with the operator has the following structure:
= A4 ^ B4
In Excel, operators are symbols that are used in a formula to define the relationship between two or more cell references or between two or more values. You cause Excel to take an action. The operator^ stands for exponentiation in Excel. Other well-known operators are % (Percent) or
- What is the penalty for surviving suicide
- When to use meta tag
- Why should I switch to React native?
- Which colleges in Delhi offer microbiology
- What age came before the Bronze Age
- Should I support the GOP or DNC
- What is the name of the spiral in nature
- Have you been seriously injured playing rugby?
- Toothpaste is harmful to children and adults
- What is your opinion on HAL TEJAS
- Has replaced Obamacare anything
- What was your experience with running away
- What does the death penalty achieve
- Why is the US dollar undervalued
- What's your favorite Cheap Trick song
- How can I create a new password
- Somebody dies in Thor Ragnarok
- How does SpaceX choose and train astronauts?
- Is IoT dependent on machine learning
- How was your FBI visit?
- Why do seafarers use a compass
- Which book best represents today's society?
- What is a spliced fiber
- Are Pete Townshend and Paul McCartney friends