How do I promote an Etsy product
Tips for Selling on Etsy
Our last blog offered some practical tips for selling on Not on the High Street. At Etsy, many of the basics are the same so we won't go into too much detail about them.
However, it is definitely worth paying attention to a few points that apply to both websites. They should:
- Take great photos of your products
- Build your brand by spreading your story
- Ensure the correct pricing of your products
- Do a thorough competitive research CraftCount is a top seller on Etsy, so take a look at what they're good at and try to do the same.
- Advertise your shop and products with the help of social media
Aside from these important basics, there are a few specific areas that you need to focus on when selling on Etsy. Let's take a look at them!
Etsy search engine optimization
If you sell on Etsy, you will likely know that SEO is short for search engine optimization, and it's all about optimizing your content so that it has the greatest chance of showing up in online searches. The
Etsy search function now prioritizes relevance over timeliness. This was introduced a few years ago so that smaller shops could theoretically compete with the big shops that posted lots of new items several times a day.
Therefore, it's important to make your listing as relevant as possible and to make sure that key elements - titles and tags - match what the buyer was looking for. The first phase is choosing the right keywords to search for.
Choosing the right keywords
Choosing the right keyword is about choosing the word that the buyers of your item would actually use to search for it.
In a brainstorming session, try to think about which words you would actually use it to find out what you are selling. Also, use the Etsy search box and make a note of suggested search terms - these are popular terms used by real people, so well worth considering.
As a craftsperson, it can be tempting to come up with unique, cute names for your products or to use bespoke crafting terms in the title. However, keep asking yourself: would a normal shopper actually use this term to find the item? There is no point in listing your items if they cannot be found!
Use synonyms too. In the case of buttons, for example, the words 'buttons' and 'badges' are often used synonymously.
If you want to set up a larger shop, you could invest in suitable tools to support your research and SEO work. Marmalead is an Etsy-specific tool that can be used to find keywords as well as other helpful SEO features. Everything is presented in a really simple way, with no jargon,
so that you have your chosen keywords together. And what do you do with it now?
Well-optimized article titles and tags are incredibly important to rank well on Etsy. Simply put, the title tag is used to let people know what your article is about.
Your chosen keywords must appear in your title - and the sooner, the better! Your title is limited to 55 characters so be careful how best to describe your product!
Tags are the keywords associated with the items you sell on Etsy and are critical to Etsy searches as they determine the results your items will appear in. They are limited to 20 characters each and you get 13 of those.
Longer tags made up of a few words have a better chance of ranking on Etsy than broader tags because they are simply more specific. And the more specifically you use them, the closer you will get your customers to their purchase. Example: someone looking for a 'punk rock button' is much closer to a purchase than someone who just types in 'button'. So, label your articles in a specific and relevant way:
Use any of the 13 tags! Not using one or more tags is a missed opportunity as any tag is a chance to show up in Etsy search results. The order of the tags does not matter - the tags at the beginning have no more meaning than those at the end.
Check out this great guide on how to appear in Etsy search for more information.
A good description is your chance to reach your customers and get them to buy your products. Answer key questions that people would like answers to and start developing your shop's own 'voice' - many descriptions are written in the first person to show the personality, history and uniqueness behind your shop.
In addition, the beginning of your description is used to create the meta description for the item. Meta descriptions are the text that appears under the titles on the search engine results pages.
It is really worth reading this article, which goes into great detail on how to create descriptions and provides examples of successful descriptions!
More tips for selling on Etsy
A great way to get more exposure is to connect with relevant bloggers and post guest blogs on their blogs. This builds your network, draws attention to your products and creates links to your shop, which is ideal for SEO. In addition to expanding your presence, guest blogs help you to be perceived as an expert on your topic.
Use shop statistics
Shop stats provide you with a lot of helpful information, so make sure you log in regularly to see where you are. Here you can find out what works and what doesn't, and see key metrics such as where your traffic is coming from and who is mentioning you.
Use shop announcements
The Shop Announcement feature is at the top of your shop's page and can be used to alert shoppers that - you guessed it - you will be making important announcements about your shop. For example, notifying buyers of a sale in your shop or letting them know that they are away.
Etsy recommends keeping announcements short and using other areas of your shop, such as the info page, for longer texts instead.
Hopefully these tips for selling on Etsy will give your shop a solid foundation and get you on the road to success - do you have any more tips to share?
- What does a beginner blogging need
- Why do people keep asking why anonymously
- Is echo a type of reflected sound
- What are indices
- TED Why are TEDtalks so famous
- What does loneliness remember that happiness forgets?
- What was Microsoft's first browser
- Rahul David's birthday
- How do I enter a formula
- How does brainwashing affect humanity?
- How do models earn
- Who is the father of biotechnology 1
- What is a diversified portfolio
- Think racism is inherently ignorant
- What is your favorite European Christmas film
- What is real leather 1
- What is the IUPAC name of C6H5NH2
- Why don't students like school?
- Who are customers of eClerx services
- How to say necklace in Spanish
- Do you want anything from me at all?
- What are the best Motley Crue albums
- Intelligent people often feel like outcasts
- What accounting qualifications are marketable in Australia
- Who is tommy lee
- How do I start selling electric guitars
- What do I feed my pet snail
- Who would win Doctor Fate or Superman?
- What is the best place to stay in Belgrade
- How can I transfer money to N26
- Why did Saddam invade Kuwait
- What are the best verticalized crowdsourcing platforms
- KIIT accepts the CBSE improvement stamp sheet
- How to say guitar in Greek