Do you often have somatic problems?
Unclear physical complaints (functional body complaints)
The symptoms often improve within a few weeks, even without treatment. That is why doctors are initially reluctant to give treatments. In the case of minor complaints, they often only give tips on how to deal with the complaints in everyday life.
It is recommended
- to be physically active
- continue to participate in social life, meet friends and pursue hobbies,
- Recognizing overload and avoiding it as much as possible, resolving conflicts and rethinking how to deal with stress,
- to observe what helps to alleviate discomfort,
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle and getting enough sleep, for example.
In certain situations, medication can also be an option. They come into question, for example, in the case of pain or gastrointestinal complaints - but usually only for a short time.
Sometimes the symptoms last longer or affect multiple organs and become a severe burden. Then psychotherapeutic support can be useful. Other approaches are also possible in certain situations. These include, for example, physiotherapy, nutritional advice and. There is also the opportunity to try relaxation procedures or mindfulness training to cope better with stress.
Basically: It is more helpful to be active yourself than to concentrate on “passive” measures. The latter include, for example, massages: They are only recommended temporarily, if at all, and in addition to other methods. It makes more sense to look for activities that have a more lasting effect. This can be achieved, for example, with more exercise and stress management. Perhaps this will take some effort and a little patience, but many get used to it quickly and feel better as a result. Sports activities should not be overwhelming, but above all be fun and offer positive experiences.
Patience is often required, especially with stubborn and stressful complaints. That's why it's often better to set small goals. It can make sense, above all, to work towards leading an active life despite the symptoms - that is, to stay active, to distract yourself and to initially only expect the symptoms to subside a little.
Main contact persons for the treatment of functional physical complaints are general practitioners. Many have the additional qualification “basic psychosomatic care”. This additional qualification provides training for dealing with patients with persistent complaints. If necessary, they coordinate the treatment with specialist practices or clinics.
- What is the best brewery in Reno
- Is language a form of control
- Got's last episode was disappointing
- What was King George VI's speech impediment
- Kindles are overpriced
- What does number 36 mean
- How many have generalized anxiety disorder?
- Can someone teach me LATEX
- What do you think of archaeologists
- How is MCA doing in Pune
- Compromise is healthy in new relationships
- How is the OnePlus 3T
- How did you get your first internship
- Which is greater than 1 or 2
- Are there unlisted ingredients in Coca Cola?
- Mutual funds will recover
- Is Audi overrated compared to other brands
- Why did the CIA kill Shastri
- Can someone hire me for website development?
- Who ended the Second World War
- What is an off-balance sheet stock
- What is used to advertise movies
- What is Philadelphia's zip code
- Novak is a Jewish family name