Lives the strep throat virus
We overcome Limits
(16.01.2019) Even if a cold or a gastrointestinal infection seems to have passed: The risk of infection is not necessarily over. An expert explains when the danger to the environment has ended.
Colds, gastrointestinal infections or real flu: Many infectious diseases are caused by viruses. Antibiotics are powerless against the tiny ones, in an emergency only special virostatic drugs can be effective. "Therefore, hygiene or, if available, vaccinations are the most important measures to prevent the infection of other people," says Professor Dr. Hartmut Hengel, Medical Director of the Institute for Virology at the University Medical Center Freiburg. Some pathogens multiply in the body much longer than those affected are aware. During the incubation period, they multiply before they cause clinical symptoms. And after the symptoms have subsided, they sometimes survive for days or even weeks and lead to contagion.
Protect yourself and others
Hands are a major route of transmission for many viral diseases. That is why you should wash your hands frequently if you suspect an infection, for example after blowing your nose, rubbing your eyes and using the toilet. Even after coming into contact with an infected person, it is important to remember to wash your hands. Sick people should be careful not to sneeze into the crook of their elbows and not to share towels if they have diarrhea.
- How can you be your best friend
- Bitcoin will crash soon
- What are some exquisite ice cream flavors
- What is holistic living
- Can games help you expand your brain
- What is validation in software testing
- What is the square root of 808
- How do I get traffic online
- Forgiving someone prevents your bitterness
- Which business organizations are crowdsourced translation
- Are Keurig K Cups BPA free
- Is meditation effective in treating Parkinson's disease
- Where can I buy potassium permanganate
- What is the formula for fullerene
- Whose bad guys are weak Marvel or DC
- How do you know a true lover?
- How similar is it to being stunned in order to sleep?
- Is a car available for ISRO scientists
- Why do all laser tag guns beep
- If you don't believe in tipping, why
- Why is Harry Potters' birthday on July 31st
- What are micro-expressions
- What worked for you for weight loss
- What is the percentage of 4 9