What is the history of C programming
The programming language C is becoming more and more widespread nowadays, because on the one hand it is almost as flexible as an assembler and on the other hand it has many possibilities of today's modern high level languages. This has made C particularly suitable as a language for operating system development (for which it was developed). Furthermore, numerical processes, word processing and databases can be efficiently implemented in C. (The database program DBASE, for example, is written in C.)
C belongs to UNIX in the sense that UNIX can hardly be imagined without C (but C without UNIX). For example, the syntax of the UNIX utility awk identical in many ways to that of C. Even reading and understanding the UNIX documentation is not possible in many places without knowledge of C.
Programming in C is always appropriate if very portable code is to be generated, since no other language (despite standardization) is capable of doing this to the extent that C.
There are now many different C implementations:
On UNIX systems, the name of the compiler is C CC and there is a utility LINTwho rigorously tests a C-source code for portability.
For example, the following C compilers and interpreters are available for MS-DOS computers: RUN / C (Interpreter), LATTICE C compiler, AZTEK C compiler, ZORLITE C compiler, MICROSOFT C (Quick C) and TURBO-C as C ++ of BORLAND. The last 3 provide a complete programming environment with editor and partly with debugger (such as TURBO-PASCAL).
Back to the table of contents
- What are all versions of madness
- Are there superstitious powers in the world?
- What are the Best Medical Hacks
- Are bears very large tardigrades
- What are some kulfi recipes
- What does RealVNC
- When is orthognathic surgery required?
- Why can't pretty people find love
- Why is stop motion still alive?
- Have you ever been in an airship
- How does sugar prevent bacteria from growing
- Are computers designed with volatile memory
- Corn is bad for your teeth
- What are the qualitative monetary policy instruments
- Is CBr4 polar
- What is 11 32 plywood
- What is a fearless feat
- Is a banking job safe?
- How is the NIIT University of Mechanical Engineering
- Can we transfer life to other planets?
- How can lasers hack Alexa
- Sex can promote the enlargement of the breasts
- What do foreigners think of Chinese culture?
- There will be families in heaven