What if I don't get good grades
Bad grades despite studying - these tips will helpReading time: 2 minutes
Source of frustration at school grades
Children and parents alike are disappointed when they get bad grades despite studying. This failure unsettles the willing students and gnaws at their self-confidence. In the end, they lose their motivation to the same extent as the fear of the next class test grows. We will help you to overcome this vicious circle together with your child.
There are several reasons why students get bad grades despite studying. Together with your child, think about which of the learning blocks presented in this article
hold true. Proceed carefully and methodically in the analysis and concentrate on one school subject first. Since the students are insecure, what they need most of all is praise and understanding. It is also a challenge for parents to avoid negative comments and instead praise progress - no matter how small.
Psychological blocks and fear of failure
Many children suffer from a blockage in one subject in particular. The drama often begins with these children understanding math more slowly than their classmates, for example. This leads to a lack of self-confidence in one's own abilities. Pupils who suffer from a mental block usually solve all the tasks that they fail in class in the familiar home environment. This is why you need a lot of psychological skill, patience and instinct to help your child.
- Punishment, scolding and pressure increase the learning blockade. Avoid absolutely!
- Instead of focusing on your child's weaknesses, focus on promoting their strengths.
- Talk to the subject teacher. Explain to him that your child is unable to apply what he has learned in class. A good teacher will suggest methods of building a student's self-esteem. For example, students get the chance to improve their school grade with additional work such as a presentation.
- Often children block during class because they are intimidated by the size of the tasks. Sometimes it helps students to cover the other assignments on a sheet of paper or just start in the middle.
- I've seen classwork that started with the most difficult assignment. The students bite into this task and have no more time for the easy-to-solve tasks. Agree with your child to focus on the easier problems first.
Photo credit: dtvphoto / stock.adobe.com
PS: Quality management is important to us!
Please let us know how you like our post. To do this, click on the asterisks shown below (5 asterisks = very good):
PPS: Did you particularly like the article?
Support our advisor portal:
- How to cut crown shape angles
- What is Adobe Extension Manager CC
- Do you know Uzbekistan
- How can horses eat peanuts without choking
- What do crystals symbolize
- What is cultural astronomy
- How is a form edited in Wikipedia
- Why talk about Chernobyl but not about Fukushima
- What are some Silicon Valley tech giants
- What is the keyword frequency
- Will Tom Perez improve the Democratic Party?
- Helps Travel Your Depression
- Where should you visit first in Kerala
- Why is seafood so luxurious in the Philippines?
- How did horse artillery work around 1800
- Can you give Gatorade to a toddler?
- Is that a good rap punch line
- How is mechanical engineering at SMIT
- How can I learn PHP to Python
- Has replaced Obamacare anything
- Spouse Visa Australia 2
- Tesla vehicles use gasoline
- Aaron reports to the credit bureau
- Is Snapchat a threat to WhatsApp