How can speed change mass
F = m * a
In this article we deal with the equation F = m · a. It is about what this equation says and there are examples with numbers. This article belongs to our field of physics or mechanics.
Perhaps one of you has heard of Newton's laws or Newton's axioms? The equation F = m · a is also part of these Newtonian laws. Let's take another look at this equation:
- "F" is the force in Newtons
- "m" is the mass in kilograms
- "a" is the acceleration in meters per second squared
In words, this means that force = mass times acceleration. So if you know two of the three sizes, you can use them to calculate the third size.Show:
Force, mass and acceleration
Before we get to examples, let's briefly look at these three terms.
Forces can be recognized by their effects. Some information about this:
- A force can change the direction of movement of a body.
- A force can change the speed of a body.
- Forces can deform other objects on impact, for example.
- A force acts in a certain direction (keyword: vector).
- Mass is a property of matter.
- In most physical size systems it is one of the basic sizes.
- It is given in the unit of kilograms.
- The symbol is usually m.
- Every physical system has a mass.
- In physics, acceleration is the change in the state of motion of a body.
- It plays a central role in the description of movement processes and their influence by forces.
F = m · a examples
Let's look at some examples with numbers and units.
Given a mass of 20 kilograms and an acceleration of 10 meters per second squared. Calculate the force.
A force is 500 Newtons, the acceleration is 50 meters per second squared. Calculate the mass.
Who's OnlineWe have 1054 guests online
- WHAT IS KNOWLEDGE BASE
- What is Ireland's greatest treasure
- Why does business need Pinterest and Instagram
- Why do Filipinos have Spanish surnames
- When did SXSW take place in 2011?
- Are lock picks legal in Israel
- How can I write a summary
- How can I run a Java program
- How did France treat its African colonies
- Has President Bush ever visited Cuba
- Are Topcoder coders really smart?
- What happened to boy bands
- What things taste better when eaten slowly?
- Gives Airbnb to charity
- What is tapioca good for in babies?
- What is bacterial contamination
- What is metafiction
- Why did the Aztecs worship Quetzalcoatl
- Queen Anne had children
- What are the environmental parameters
- When and how was plastic made for the first time
- Why are my gums swollen
- Tesla does more than cars
- Why do people abandon dogs