How dangerous are silverfish bugs
Silverfish - When the insects become dangerous
Almost everyone knows them and has been disgusted with them in the bathroom or in the kitchen - silverfish. The small insects do not pose a health hazard to humans, but Lepisma saccharina can be dangerous for your household effects.
Primordial animals with an amazing ability
Silverfish are among the oldest living things and are actually remarkable animals. They have the rare ability to digest and use cellulose. As a rule, only certain types of fungus and bacteria are able to do this. Silverfish can therefore feed on cellulosic materials such as paper or cotton.
Foraging in the bathroom and kitchen
If you have silverfish in your apartment or house, it is certainly not wrong to check your laundry basket. Every now and then the cellulose recyclers get lost on an item of clothing in the lower levels of the laundry basket.
In the worst case, your favorite T-shirt can have yellow traces of eating and contain small amounts of feces. Books can also fall victim to the silverfish - the paper of a damp book is a treat for the animals. And the creeps can also be dangerous for wallpaper. In the kitchen, insects are primarily interested in foods that contain starch or sugar.
However, there are usually only problems if your rooms are too humid and too warm. The silverfish feel at home in these conditions and can reproduce en masse. The animals are nocturnal, love the dark and avoid light, so that you often don't see them at all.
Silverfish as beneficial insects
Silverfish can actually be useful too. Since they prefer about the same conditions as mold, their occurrence is a mold warning. The mushrooms also serve them as food. Silverfish also eat house dust mites, which are dangerous to humans and can cause allergies.
More on the topics
- Home and garden,
- House dust mites,
- How much do cricketers make
- What is the style of Prada handbags
- What are the best Twitter analytics packages
- Why can robots express feelings and emotions
- Which factor does the electron mobility depend on?
- Who uses Lisp in production
- What is diazonium salt
- What is the atomic weight of uranium
- Are lead-acid batteries highly toxic
- What is used to make mirrors
- What are some historical pieces of furniture
- Why isn't my new kitten eating
- Which proteins are good for my health
- Which fonts are most overrated?
- What is the evidence of the Messiahship of Jesus
- What is a scientific declaration for Shravan
- Should I hit 13 in blackjack?
- Which leads to people being spoiled
- How does the language have a method of comparison
- Do conspiracy theorists have the right to ask questions
- How often are police arrested?
- Is Byju better or 2IIM
- What causes belt rose in the armpit
- What does so much mean