Why is taste the best sense
The senses of the birds
Birds can, just like humans see, hear, smell, taste and touch. You also have a multiple compass: one Star or sun compass and one Magnetic compass. This is mainly relevant for the long-distance travelers among the birds, but carrier pigeons have also developed it. To determine the strength of the magnetic field, these birds have iron crystals in their beak skin. The directional information is perceived in the eye.
The sense of sight of birds
Birds have very big eyes mostly bigger than the brain. Their size alone suggests that they are very important for the feathered animals.
Birds orientate themselves mainly by their sharp eyes. Songbirds, birds of prey and owls differ from one another:
- ... to have very flat, laterally arranged eyes on the narrow head.
- ...have alarge field of view and see very well without turning your head. Therefore, they can hardly be surprised by movements.
Birds of prey ...
- ... have spherical, forward-pointing eyes to their prey on the ground, in the water or in the air to fix exactly.
- ... see everything much bigger and sharper.
- ... unlike most birds no almost all-round view.
- ... have large, forward-looking and special tubular eyes
- ... have a broad head, who takes in those big eyes.
- ... do not have a large field of view, but instead have eight cervical vertebrae: You can turn your head by up to 270 degrees.
The Fettschwalm, the Night swallows and the Owls see best at night.
The sense of hearing of birds
All birds hear wellbecause they have well-defined ears. You will also hear sounds that humans cannot perceive.
The outer auricles are not as pronounced in birds as they are in mammals. Instead of the auricles, many birds, for example owls, have Feather earsthat are not for listening, only for Threatening and deterring serve.
The actual ears are asymmetrical hidden behind the face veils. This enables them to hear and pinpoint the position of the rustling prey with a few hundredths of a time difference.
Birds' sense of smell
Even though eyes and hearing are the most important sense organs in birds, birds have very many olfactory receptor genes. The sense of smell helps many birds ...
- ... to orientate
- ... to find food
- ... yourself to recognize each other
When it comes to smell, there are big differences between the individual bird species. The striped kiwi from New Zealand, for example, has almost six times as many olfactory receptor genes like a canary or a blue tit. This can be interpreted as an adaptation to night activity.
Birds' sense of taste
The sense of taste is in birds less pronounced than in mammals. Nevertheless, it has been tested and proven in songbirds, pigeons, chickens and ducks, among others.
The Diet also appears to have a significant influence on the taste perception of birds: The low sensitivity to bitter taste is due, for example, to the habituation to bitter-tasting food.
Birds' sense of touch
The Sense of touch on the wings is of great importance to birds: The Print information, which rests on the feathers when flying, is automatically transferred to the correct wing position converted.
Even with the Feeding of birds The sense of touch plays a major role: their beaks and tongues are very sensitive, especially in worm-eating and maggot-eating birds.
By theKeys with the tongue make birds die Shape and hardness of their food or an object. After all, they have to find their prey in shallow water, in muddy silt, in dark ground or behind barked bark feel.
- How many Nobel Prizes have Hungary won?
- What are good names for racing mice
- How to get weapons in Minecraft
- Where is Dawood Ibrahim
- Can an Indian visit North Korea
- What is the main component of aspartame
- How do I stop not liking people
- What is a Trusted Root Certification Authority
- Who is the father of business administration
- How can I reach Australia
- How do I set up my friend
- What is diazonium salt
- How do I get experience as a football coach
- What Are Some Good Allergy Remedies
- A sinner can be tried
- What is the addition of an empty set
- P3c Orion carries some torpedoes
- Who is the best psychologist in Dubai
- Cutting the hair makes it thicker
- What religious evidence was found
- Rudolph is a real reindeer
- Have you already felt useless?
- Why doesn't Spotify have Korean pop
- Who Owns Rolls Royce 1