What is the other term for emphasis
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Me | t | rik, Plural: Me | t | ri | ken
- IPA: [ˈMeːtʀɪk]
- 1) in general: measuring system, method for measuring quantifiable units, quantities
- a) mathematics a function that assigns a nonnegative real value to every two elements of a space
- b) Software development a mostly mathematical function that maps a property of the software in a numerical value; short for software metrics
- 2) Literary Studies, Linguistics: Verslehre
- 3) music Doctrine of tact
- 4) Plant that represents the metric
- in the 16th century from Latin metrica borrowed, which goes back to the synonymous Greek μετϱικὴ (metriké (téchnē) "(art, doctrine) of syllable measure".
- 1a) Distance function
- 2) Verslehre
- 1) function
- 2) thematic:Linguistics, grammar; semiotics
- 1a) pseudometrics
- 1b) code metrics, according to ISTQB: error-based metric, complexity metric, test progress metric, test object-based metric
- 2) The Metric examines the different possibilities of verse construction in terms of alliteration, meter, rhyme, rhythm, caesura.
- 2) “For a clearer identification of the Metric According to this text, this sample is much too small, but it is enough to explain the process on it. "
- Adjective: metric-based, metric
- Nouns: Metric mask, metrics
- Nominative: singular Metric; Plural Metrics
- Genitive: singular Metric; Plural Metrics
- Dative: singular Metric; Plural Metrics
- Accusative: singular Metric; Plural Metrics
- English: 1) metric
- Swedish: metric
- Turkish: 1) metric, oil
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„New metric for advertisers Click Share: New Metric at Google Ads With new measurements, Google wants to give advertisers insights into the success of their Google Ads campaigns.“
Internet World, February 13, 2019
„A new Metric for the Bitcoin dominance, braking central bankers and unclouded bullism of the Byrne brand.“
BTC-ECHO, April 01, 2019
„With a new one Metric SAP tries to take the wind out of the sails of the dispute over the indirect use of its software. Customers will have to deal with this at the latest at the next license measurement.“
Computer Week, February 25, 2019
„Since the VOD (Video On Demand) providers keep access numbers under lock and key like state secrets, the company from Auckland in New Zealand has one Metric called Demand Expressions.“
Meedia, March 25, 2019
„That is the Metric the "Monthly Active User" (MAU) that companies like to spend.“
Mein-MMO.de, May 11, 2019
„Aviation accounts for 3.5 percent of man-made global warming, scientists have said with new information Metric calculated.“
heise online, September 4th, 2020
„The Bitcoin miners are said to be on the verge of surrender. At least that's what someone says Metric called hash ribbon.“
BTC-Echo, November 15, 2019
„The Metric Engaged-View Conversions (EVC) is to be introduced as a standard at Google. This means that conversions of viewers who actively decide against the skip, but who may decide to click later, are better tracked.“
OnlineMarketing.de, September 14, 2020
„Regardless of whether you focus on liquidity, daily transaction volume or another Metric look, the result is always the same: BTC dominates the market.“
Bitcoin2Go, June 02, 2020
„Reading time for the article: 2 minutes Compact: The new one Metric should make the stock market data even more reliable. This also measures the web traffic of the stock exchanges, which is generally considered to be easy to manipulate.“
Bitcoin Kurier, May 30, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
Another word (synonym) for metric - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "metric":
figure: ... somersault, jump, dance figure 10) Accent, arpeggio, figuration, timbre, coloratura, run, melisma, metric, mordent, passage, plumper, stick, tone sequence, trill, range 11) ...
quantity: ... accent and quantity) in the area of prosodic characteristics. ”3) Especially in ancient metrics, quantity plays a major role. Typical word combinations: ...
pes: ... foot, paw, paw 3) step, gait 4) Roman length measure: foot 5) in mountains: foot 6) metric: foot, verse foot, verse 7) music: measure, meter Opposite words: 1) manus ...
circle:… 1a) Circular line 1b) Circular area, circular disc 2) Compass Opposite words: 1) other metric: square, other dimension: interval, sphere, hyper-sphere Superordinate terms:…
length: Literature, ancient metrics: long syllable of a word in verse 8) Linguistics: size of linguistic units Abbreviation: 1) (symbol, physical) l 2) λ, long
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Metrik" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Metrik/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "metric" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Metrics (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Me | t | ri | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈmeːtʁɪkn̩]…
Metrolect (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Metrolekt; Plural metrolect genitive: singular ...
Metro lects (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Variant Forms: Dative Singular: Metrolekt Syllable Separation: Me | tro | lek | te…
Metrolects (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Me | tro | lek | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [metʁoˈlɛktn̩]…
Metrolektes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Metrolekts Hyphenation: Me | tro | lek | tes Pronunciation / Stress:…
Metrolekts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Metrolektes Hyphenation: Me | tro | lekts Pronunciation / Emphasis:…
Metrology (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular metrology; Plural - genitive: singular ...
metronome (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular metronome; Plural metronomes genitive: singular ...
Metronomes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Me | t | ro | no | me Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [metʁoˈnoːmə]…
Metronomes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Me | t | ro | no | men Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [metʀoˈnoːmən]…
- Why do farmers add manure to the soil
- I wish you a Merry Christmas is grammatically correct
- What is system software
- Why is sea bass so expensive
- Do boxer dogs shed in the spring
- First class universities are worth a visit
- How do you hide depression
- How to read stock market ticker
- What are some good 80s songs
- What is the specialization for a BBA
- Why cold KMnO4 is used with alkene
- Where can I find free project topics
- Is happiness the real goal of life
- Why is reductionism useful in biology
- What groups was HyunA in Music Kpop
- How does lastminute com make money
- Is consciousness objective
- What are songs with environmental themes
- When does the import tax apply 1
- What is the dress code for bowling
- Medicare covers the lab
- Are there any wine clubs in France?
- How can I cancel my old passports?
- What theories should I study