What is a playlist
Create and edit YouTube playlists: that's how it works!
Don't you like the videos that YouTube suggests? Then just create your own playlist! In it you can combine several videos that you like or that fit a certain topic and play them one after the other. Whether you collect cute animal clips, practical life hacks or the music videos of your favorite band is up to you. UPDATED will tell you how it works and what else you can do with your YouTube playlist.
Create YouTube playlist
To create a playlist on YouTube you need a Google account. You use this to log on to the video platform. If you don't have an account yet, you can create one here. Then log into YouTube and create your YouTube channel.
Create playlist on mobile Android or iOS device
To create a YouTube playlist using an iOS or Android device, you have two options: via the app or via the web browser on your smartphone.
- Download and install the YouTube app from Google Play or iTunes.
- Play a video of your choice and tap the clip that is playing.
- The symbol for “Add to playlist” appears: three bars with a plus sign, tap on it.
- Go to the “Create New Playlist” icon that will now appear: a plus sign.
- In the next step you can give your playlist a name and decide whether it should be “private” or “public”. Public playlists also appear in YouTube search results.
- Tap the box with the checkmark to complete the process.
- You can find all your playlists under the tab Library, at the bottom right in the display bar of the YouTube app.
- Go to YouTube via your web browser and play a video of your choice.
- Tap the below the video Plus sign.
- Tap that again Plus symbolto create a new playlist.
- You can now give the playlist a name.
- You can also use the drop-down menu to determine whether the playlist should be private or public.
- All of your playlists are under the Account tab listed at the top right (Symbol: simplified human upper body).
Use the Watch Later playlist
If you want to add a YouTube video to a playlist, you not only have the option of adding it to an existing or a new list. Another option is the “Watch later” list. This is especially useful when you don't have time, but stumble upon an interesting video. In a quieter moment, you can view the “Watch Later” list via your profile picture and My channel under Library call up and watch the clips. If you like them, add them to one of your playlists. If not, you can simply delete it from the "Watch it later" list.
Create a playlist on the PC with the desktop version
- Go to YouTube and play any video you want to add to the playlist.
- Go to the under the clip Icon with the three bars and the plus sign.
- Choose Create a new playlist out.
- Enter a name for the list and select under Data protection whether the playlist should be public or private.
- Click on Create.
- You can find your playlists by clicking your profile photo in the top right corner of the screen and My channel select.
- Left in the menu under Library you see your playlists.
Edit YouTube playlist
There are several ways you can edit your playlists: You can Add descriptions, change them as well as the title, rearrange or remove videos. The mobile app, the mobile web browser and the desktop version on the computer differ slightly in terms of operation. Some functions are not possible with every version.
Add and edit description and change title
In the iOS and Android app:
- Open the YouTube app and select the tab at the bottom right in the bar Library out.
- Go to the playlist you want to edit.
- Tap the three points next to the title.
- Tap on that Pen icon.
- Now you can add a new description, change it or revise the title of the playlist.
- Confirm the changes by tapping the check mark in the top right corner.
Editing the title and description of a playlist is not possible with the web browser on the smartphone.
In the desktop version:
- Click on your profile photo, My channel and then select under in the menu on the left Library the desired playlist.
- Go to Edit.
- To add a description, select Add description out.
- Enter your description text in the field that opens and then simply click with the mouse on the surface outside of the field.
- To change the description again, click Pen icon next to the description.
- You can also change the title of the playlist by adding the Pen icon select.
Rearrange videos in a playlist
This feature is only available via the desktop version on the PC.
- Go back over your profile picture and My channel to your playlists under Library.
- Click on a list.
- Here you can find all videos listed one below the other.
- Go to the thumbnail of a clip with the mouse, hold down the left mouse button and drag and drop the video to the desired location in the playlist.
Remove videos from a playlist
In the iOS and Android app:
- Go to the tab at the bottom right Library.
- Select the playlist you want.
- Next to the video you want to remove, tap the three points standing one below the other.
- Choose Remove out.
In the smartphone web browser:
- Select the in the top right Account tab out.
- Go to the playlist you want.
- Next to the video you want to remove from the playlist, tap the Symbol with the three dots one below the other.
- Tap Remove.
- Go over your profile picture and My channel to your playlists.
- Choose a playlist.
- Click on the three dots next to the video that you want to remove.
- Choose Remove from playlist out.
Create playlists on YouTube according to your own taste
Once you know how it works, it's quick to create your own YouTube playlist. So you are no longer dependent on the taste and video selection of others. Instead, you create your own compilations: music videos, funny pranks, household tips - or everything thrown together in a playlist. What you do with it - whether you publish it or keep it private - is up to you.
Disclaimer OTTO (GmbH & Co KG) assumes no liability for the correctness, topicality, completeness, effectiveness and harmlessness of the information and recommendations made available on updated.de. It is expressly pointed out that the official manufacturer's specifications are to be observed with priority over all other information and recommendations and only these can guarantee a safe and proper use of the respective purchase items.
- Lisp is the most powerful language
- Can Chromecast mirror my PC screen
- How can I search more efficiently on Google
- Why did Pakistan attack India in 1965?
- Inhaling hairspray leads to pneumothorax
- How would you describe Barack Obama
- How do I learn PHP language
- Questions can make you rich
- Is tap water safe to drink in Sweden?
- What do you know about North Korea
- What is the fastest folding protein
- When was Roentgen invented?
- How is the abstraction implemented in Java
- Why is the Vanguard Investment Group so successful
- Is an 8 2 CGPA ok
- Who invented obscenity?
- Is AR15 or Shotgun stronger
- What is a scientific declaration for Shravan
- What dopamine pathway is associated with exercise
- How do you leave out metal genre vocals
- What is the purpose of milk pasteurization
- What is it like to go to Fordham University
- What is aqueduct
- What does mn mean in finance