Why has deep learning evolved lately
Artificial intelligence, machine & deep learning: the differences
We all know the term artificial intelligence (AI). After all, he was the main ingredient in films such as The Terminator, The Matrix and Ex Machina.
But maybe you have heard of other terms like Machine learning (ML) and Deep learning (DL), which is sometimes confused with artificial intelligence. As a result, the difference between artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning can be very unclear.
In this article we would like to explain two questions in more detail:
1. What is Artificial Intelligence, Machine and Deep Learning?
The concept ofartificial intelligence was founded in 1956 by John McCarthy. It stands for machines that can perform tasks that are characteristic of human intelligence. While this is fairly general, it includes things like planning, understanding language, recognizing objects and sounds, learning, and problem solving.
We can divide Artificial Intelligence (AI) into two categories:
- The weak AI specializes in one area. Examples of this are speech recognition, image recognition, navigation systems or automated translation.
- The strong AI has all the characteristics of human intelligence. It acts of its own accord and can specialize in several areas at the same time or combine them with one another. To date, it has not yet been possible to develop a strong AI.
Machine learning(ML) is an application of artificial intelligence and focuses on the development of computer programs that can access and use data for themselves. Computers are given the ability to learn, improve and adapt on their own without being programmed to do so.
Examples of machine learning are product recommendations on Amazon, Google's self-driving car and credit card fraud detection.
EXTRA: 10 technology trends for 2019
Deep learning (DL) is a sub-area of machine learning and is based on the structure and function of the brain, namely the networking of many neurons. Artificial neural networks are algorithms that the mimicking the biological structure of the brain.
As we learn from our experience, the Deep learningalgorithm perform a task multiple times. The result is optimized with each repetition. We speak of deep learning because the neural networks have different (deep) layers that enable learning.
Deep learning takes place e.g. B. Application in emotion and speech recognition, in automated driving and in fast translations.
2. AI and the Internet of Things: What is the connection?
The relationship between Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things is similar to the relationship between the human one brainand body.
Our body collects Sensory impressions like seeing, hearing and touching. Our brain takes this data and understands it, transforms light into recognizable objects and sounds into understandable language. Our Brain makes decisions and sends Signals to the body back to control movements like picking up an object or speaking.
All connected Sensors that make up the Internet of Thingsn, are like our bodies: they provide the raw data of what is going on in the world.
And artificial intelligence is like our brain: it makes sense out of data and decides which actions should be carried out.
And the connected devices of the Internet of Things are like our bodies again, performing physical actions or communicating with others.
Unleashing the other's potential
Machine learning and Deep learning have led to great advances in artificial intelligence in recent years. They require enormous amounts of data, which are collected by the billions of sensors and are used in the Internet of Things.
Improving the AI will do the same acceptanceof the Internet of Things promote and create a positive cycle in which both areas will develop strongly. That's because AI makes the Internet of Things useful.
EXTRA: AI: Advantages and disadvantages of robots in the workplace
What do we actually use artificial intelligence (AI) for?
In industry, AI is used to predict machine maintenance or to analyze manufacturing processes. This will be great Efficiency increases achieved and saved millions.
On the consumer side, the technology adapts to us People at. Instead of clicking, tapping and searching, we can just ask a machine what we need. We can get information about the weather or perform household actions such as turning down thermostats, locking doors or turning off lights.
Calum McClelland has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We have translated it for you so that we can exchange ideas with our readers on relevant topics!
You don't want to miss anything anymore?
- What are the characteristics of projectile movement
- What are the dangers of pneumonia
- What are the requirements for machine learning
- What is LiveCode hosting
- Will recruit DRDO through GATE 2018
- When is the iOS 11 beta expected?
- What is a good size shower
- How does a head trauma feel?
- Why was France developed with fewer skyscrapers
- How can we keep TDS in RO
- Who is Vladimir Putin's favorite movie hero
- Fortnite is considered a triple-A game
- Who developed barcodes
- Is there a way to mute chewing sounds?
- What went wrong with the EU
- How safe do Indians feel in India
- How does iodine react with water
- How was your hostel on the last day
- A celebrity attended your wedding
- How can horses eat peanuts without choking
- Would you break the law for money
- Who introduced you to Stephen King
- How do you market tweens
- What is the pass marked math BCA
- What does fear cost you
- What problems do self-driving cars solve?
- Where is Kings College located
- How is Oracle SOA
- Rural marketing is part of digital marketing
- Are downloads from SourceForge safe
- It becomes dangerous to criticize Trump
- Is cooking on cast iron dangerous?
- When sewing, what are multi-size patterns
- AngularJS uses dependency injection