What is the performance of a stereo
Watts and speakers: facts about electrical performance
With amplifiers and speakers, a lot depends on the wattage. The physical unit of measurement, watts, indicates the performance (= energy consumption per period of time) of a system. It is important for the sound that the loudspeakers convert the provided power into good, clear sound. It is not always clear what exactly is indicated by the watt number. Resilience and watt RMS are important keywords here.
From watts to sound: the performance of audio systems
In the international system of units, watt is the physical unit for power. It is named after the Scottish scientist and engineer James Watt. The capital "W" serves as a unit symbol. But let's first make it clear where the (electrical) power comes from and what it is used for: In audio technology, we are particularly concerned with the power of alternating current. It depends on the current strength and voltage and is always measured over a certain period of time.
In an audio system, the amplifier provides this power in the form of alternating current. In these alternating currents is the audio signal coded with its different frequencies, so to speak. The output power output in watts per loudspeaker channel is decisive for the amplifier. Every now and then you will also come across the indication "Watt-RMS" (RMS stands for Root Mean Square). This is an average power value in the relevant frequency range. On the other hand, the too high set P.M.P.O value is often misleading (Peak Music Power Output) of an amplifier.
The (passive) loudspeakers, on the other hand, act as consumers of the power. They convert the received electrical current into sound and generate the so-called Sound pressure, which is measured in decibels. The alternating current sets a voice coil in motion, which is connected to the speaker membrane. The membrane in turn pushes the air. This is how the sound waves are created.
Do you want more information on the topic? No problem: In this article we explain in detail the principle according to which Speakers work.
Power handling and watt RMS for speakers
In the case of loudspeakers, the watt specification primarily relates to their load capacity. You could also say it is about how much electrical power the speakers endure. The higher the specification, the higher the maximum load capacity of the loudspeakers.
Resilience can be measured in different ways. In Europe loudspeaker manufacturers are now obliged to determine the load capacity in standardized tests (ISO IEC standards). The following three load capacity values are decisive:
- ✔ Nominal load capacity: The speaker is tested for 100 hours.
- ✔ Continuous load capacity (long term): The speaker is stressed for 1 minute when repeated 10 times. The breaks between the exercise phases are 2 minutes.
- ✔ Impulse load capacity (short term): The speaker is loaded for 1 second each time it is repeated 60 times. The breaks between the load phases are 60 seconds.
Teufel subwoofer for every occasion:
The watt ratio between amplifier and speaker
The power of the amplifier and the power handling of the loudspeaker must be coordinated. The relationship between the two components can be compared to the relationship between the tires and the maximum speed of a car: tires should always be designed for the maximum speed of a car, otherwise they can be damaged. If, on the other hand, they are designed for a significantly higher speed than the car can achieve, a lot of potential is wasted. That doesn't really make sense either.
As with the tires, when it comes to watts and speakers, you should make sure that the latter can handle the power of the amplifier. Otherwise, in the worst case scenario, the loudspeakers could be damaged by overloading. Conversely, it is of little use if loudspeakers with a high load capacity cannot use their full sound potential - that is, their actual "musical performance" - thanks to an amplifier that is too weak.
Class-D: With less watts, the heck bass
The Teufel brand became known among other things thanks to its powerful subwoofers. Apparently in contradiction to this, the next generation of subwoofers, T8 and T 10, is now starting with nominally less power. But there is a good reason for this - namely the new efficient and low-noise class D amplifiers in the subwoofers. They can easily take on classic amplifiers that consume 300 watts.
The Teufel Watt miracle
The specifications for our loudspeakers and amplifiers are no curled values, but rather the load capacity and watt output power determined in standardized tests. And most importantly: Teufel systems convert performance into powerful and precise sound.
- ▶ LT 4 IMPAQ 5.1 set: Elegance cast in aluminum on the outside, including high-end audio technology. The ready-to-play system achieves a system output of 750 watts. The individual channels are optimally coordinated with one another. The powerful flat subwoofer can also be conveniently accommodated in the room and the included Blu-ray AV receiver is a modern playback center with HDMI / CEC, Bluetooth and the most important audio codecs.
- ▶ Kombo 62 complete system: A stereo system cannot do more: The Bluetooth / CD receiver provides 200 watts of power for the two audio channels. The 3-way speakers produce a clear and powerful sound across the entire frequency range. The receiver is also equipped with Bluetooth aptX, digital radio (DAB +) and USB interface.
The powerful complete systems and active loudspeakers from Teufel
Conclusion: watt is the fuel in the system's tank
- The watt number indicates the performance of a system.
- The amplifier provides the power that the loudspeakers consume.
- In addition to the output power, watt RMS is sometimes given for the power in audio systems.
- In the case of loudspeakers, the watt specification always stands for their load capacity.
- The performance of an amplifier and the load capacity of the loudspeakers should always be coordinated.
- Which company has mined the most gold?
- How did you gain and maintain motivation
- Who is Govinda Bollywood
- Can I open an offline Facebook page?
- What are the largest secular meditation organizations
- What are the four primary Hindu values
- What is aqueduct
- Why is Airtel also called Bharti Airtel
- What makes me weak when studying?
- What is the Healthiest Unhealthy Tasting Recipe
- Firebase still uses MongoDB
- How do I win every Vainglory battle
- Citronella plants protect mosquitoes effectively
- Are Nat Sherman cigarettes really additive-free?
- What are expert forex signals
- Estimation of the maximum probability
- What are the disadvantages of solar panels
- Why is World Bicycle Day celebrated
- What causes oil in an air filter
- How is Katy Perry's acting style
- How do I get our IGNOU order
- What do I do with 240 bitcoins
- What is spatial expansion
- What does after a sentence
- What are the best PPT websites
- Why do you take so much milk
- What are some industrial waste disposal methods
- Who supplies denim to top brands
- Who was Santos Dumont
- When was the first oil spring created?
- Will Trump's government recognize the genocide of the Armenians?
- How do you say courage in Latin
- Hiring ONGC recruitment agencies