What is meant by cascading in 8259
Basic course operating systems
The book conveys important basic concepts, procedures and algorithms that are used in modern operating systems in a compact and easily understandable form. After an introduction to basic concepts and operating system architectures, interrupt processing from the point of view of operating systems is discussed and common techniques for managing important resources such as processes, threads, main memory, devices and files as well as important mechanisms of coordination, synchronization and communication between processes and threads are deepened . The basic problems and techniques of operating system virtualization are also explained. It is clearly shown with many pictures which complex tasks an operating system has to cope with to manage resources and for competitive access to them.
The material is enriched with many examples from currently relevant operating systems and programming languages. Windows, Unix and Linux are mainly used as example operating systems. Synchronization problems are mainly described in the Java language. A collection of control questions for post-processing the material is attached to each chapter.
Introduction and basic concepts - operating system architectures - interrupt processing - processes and threads - CPU scheduling and dispatching - synchronization - memory management - device and file management - internal computer communication - operating system virtualization
The target groups
- Students studying computer science and business informatics
- Students studying business administration and electrical engineering with a focus on information processing
- Practitioners in information technology (system architects, software developers, decision-makers)
Prof. Dr. Peter Mandl is professor for business informatics at the University of Applied Sciences in Munich specializing in distributed systems, data communication and operating systems.
Authors and affiliations
About the authors
- Can a vegan take CLA diet capsules
- Can stem cells revive the dead
- Why do people consider Messi about Pele
- How do I stay healthy during my studies
- What is Google's URL Shortener API Limit
- How often do the students learn
- Is there anyone who failed NEET in 2018?
- Sells New York Life health insurance
- How many prongs does Hume's fork have
- Donald Trump is a very complicated person
- What are the best Pretty Lights songs
- Inertia and gravity are the same
- Expert emails are accepted in Facebook
- Psychotropic overdose causes brain damage
- How long is 25 years
- Can I sell my horse's hair?
- How expensive should a wedding be
- What is a Catastrophic Error 0x8000ffff
- Should I combine dumbbells with barbells?
- What does blues mean to you
- What is a placement scenario at IIT Patna
- Which is the oldest sea
- How do I fix a blown fuse
- How powerful was the military of the Mongol empires
- What exactly is string theory
- What is the price for the new Fortuner
- What are some examples of halogens
- How did Savitar come so quickly
- Do sociopaths have high self-esteem?
- What does a cortisol do with stress
- Courtney Cox is still hot
- What books do CBSE students study
- In general, viscous liquids are quite dense
- What is an RDN in dietetics